From: Howard Brazee on
On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:13:18 +0000 (UTC), docdwarf(a)panix.com () wrote:

>Ahhhhhh, for the Oldene Dayse... when one's parents could suck down java
>at temperatures not tolerated by *ten* parents, today!
>
>I recall my Sainted Parents - may they sleep with the angels! - being able
>to consume foods at what I considered to be cauterising temperatures.
>When those newfangled Mr Coffee devices came out they purchased one and
>wouldn't bother with cups, just grab the carafe and pour directly into
>their mouths, like some 1970s-era American version of the Spanish bota.

And in the name of better tasting (and quicker) coffee, we lost the
delight of watching and listening to the glass-topped coffee
peculator.

- James Madison
From: Richard on
On Dec 4, 1:27 am, "HeyBub" <hey...(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> Richard wrote:

> > If we look at what the shonky sceptics did, they abutted the raw sea
> > level data up to 1920s and the post 1920s raw unadjusted data from up
> > the hill (and thus cooler) to 'prove' no warming.
>
> > In the context of your hyperbole this would be the same as taking the
> > death valley average temperature up to 1930 and then continuing the
> > graph with the Denver average temperatures to current day and using
> > that to 'prove' world temperatures fell.
>
> Now you bring up what the skeptics did. Until now, no one has said anything
> about the activities of the anti-warming crowd.

That is a complete lie for a start. You had referenced a discussion
about them and here is one of several times I discussed them:

"""Those that 'graphed the raw rates' and did not take into account
the change of location were clueless about how weather measurements
work, picked only readings (in this case unadjusted raw ones) which
supported their manifesto and ignore everything which does not support
that"""

> We were discussing the
> criminal fraud perpetrated by the CRU and their co-conspirators in NZ.

> I'm not interested in what the skeptics say or did. Your random
> dart-throwing in an attempt to find a situation in which what you allege is
> meaningful is simply appalling.
>
> My contention, illustrated by exaggeration, was that it is simply not good
> science

Exageration does not make good science.

> to take data from one physical location, add some sort of constant
> to it, and expect it to accurately portray reality from a distinctly
> different location.

You don't understand weather or atmosphere. You misrepresent. It is
not a 'distinctly different location' (as your stupid hyperbole was)
The adjustment is exactly that required by Boyle's Law.

> Hell, it's not "science" at all; it's deception,
> obfuscation, and, since they were taking money from the government, criminal
> fraud.

> The people involved shoud be cremated (even if it contributes to 'global
> warming'), and their ashes scattered. Take no chances.

You are obviously wedded to the idea that the American Consummerism
should continue without restraint and will side with the shony and
clueless sceptics regardless.

From: Richard on
On Dec 4, 1:27 am, "HeyBub" <hey...(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
> Richard wrote:

> > If we look at what the shonky sceptics did, they abutted the raw sea
> > level data up to 1920s and the post 1920s raw unadjusted data from up
> > the hill (and thus cooler) to 'prove' no warming.
>
> > In the context of your hyperbole this would be the same as taking the
> > death valley average temperature up to 1930 and then continuing the
> > graph with the Denver average temperatures to current day and using
> > that to 'prove' world temperatures fell.
>
> Now you bring up what the skeptics did. Until now, no one has said anything
> about the activities of the anti-warming crowd.

Just to be completely clear here is where _you_ brought up "what the
skeptics did" a few days ago:

"""On the other hand, somebody graphed the raw temperature readings
(going back
to 1850 or so) and found NO warming trends."""

And you included this link to what they did:

"""http://hot-topic.co.nz/nz-sceptics-lie-about-temp-records-try-to-
smea..."""

(Note the title)

> We were discussing the
> criminal fraud perpetrated by the CRU and their co-conspirators in NZ.
>
> I'm not interested in what the skeptics say or did. Your random
> dart-throwing in an attempt to find a situation in which what you allege is
> meaningful is simply appalling.
>
> My contention, illustrated by exaggeration, was that it is simply not good
> science to take data from one physical location, add some sort of constant
> to it, and expect it to accurately portray reality from a distinctly
> different location.

The locations in Wellington are just a minute or two apart. Any wind
could well pass the same air by both, but as the air has had to travel
'up the hill' or 'down the hill' the it will obey Boyle's Law and will
change temperature without losing or gaining heat.

If you cannot understand such basic science then you should remove
yourself until you do.

> Hell, it's not "science" at all; it's deception,
> obfuscation, and, since they were taking money from the government, criminal
> fraud.

Given that this message of yours that I am replying to could be
described as "deception and obfuscation" and that nothing you have
said could be described as 'science' then you are entire disengenuous,
amongst other failings.

From: HeyBub on
Alistair wrote:

>> Take away from the discussion - perhaps temporarily - the
>> conclusions of IPCC, the East Anglia CRU, and NIWA, you're left with
>> a "consensus of the scientific community" consisting of one WWI
>> pensioner living in what was once East Prussia whose arthritic knee
>> is acting up.
>
> And one 50 year old who saw raw data 30 years ago which clearly showed
> global warming in progress before anyone had invented the term.
>
> I haven't read all of this thread yet but isn't it time that you
> started posting your nonsense to
> alt.fundamentalistsbelieveingineverythingGodsays?

I can't imagine at what data you were looking at 30 years ago, unless it
came from the IPCC. From 1940 until 1974 the average Global temperature
dropped by 2.7�F.

The data prior to 1974 showed a dramatic COOLING. If fact, the coming ice
age was a Time Magazine cover story. Read the article from June of that
year.

http://www.junkscience.com/mar06/Time_AnotherIceAge_June241974.pdf

This entire thread started with a comment about the unintelligible code used
by the Climate Research Unit in East Anglia. One experienced programmer
spent a YEAR trying to make sense of the programs and his journal was part
of the leaked documents.

From: Anonymous on
In article <l8ednTwZO74mtoXWnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>,
HeyBub <heybub(a)NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>The data prior to 1974 showed a dramatic COOLING. If fact, the coming ice
>age was a Time Magazine cover story.

Didn't another Time Magazine cover story declare everybody to be the
'Person of the Year'?

(Anyone who's worked in a regularly-produced medium (nightly news show,
weekly entertainment magazine, monthly science journal, et and cet) might
have learnt that some issues are better, some worse... Things Of Great
Importance do not always coincide with the Get It To The Printer
deadline.)

DD