From: Howard Brazee on
On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 10:50:57 -0700 (PDT), "robertwessel2(a)yahoo.com"
<robertwessel2(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>That's pretty silly - nobody counts code like that. That would lead
>to absurdities like counting the code implementing CICS 10,000 times,
>once for each mainframe CICS is running on. If Windows (or zOS) is 50
>million lines of code, it's universally counted as 50 million lines,
>regardless if it's running on a billion systems, ten thousand systems,
>or on one system.

But my Windows is configured differently from yours, working
differently, with different IP addresses, background startup
configurations, etc. Sure much of it is the same. But so is the
library based student system we bought from PeopleSoft. And Windows
would be the same compiled size if it were written in 100 million
lines of CoBOL.

Everything's fuzzy here.

- James Madison
First  |  Prev  |