From: Elliott Roper on
In article <hc8opf$8e9$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, D. Peter Maus
<DPeterMaus(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Sorry to hear that. As committed as you are to your pedantry, one
> would think you'd be more satisfied with it's application.
>
> Perhaps if you start drinking.

Watch out! Here come the apostrophe police!
<grin>

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248
From: Doug McDonald on
Curiouser and Curiouser wrote:

> Using your off-topic example,

Of course its on topic. You're a really great troll! My complements!

I'm serious!! My hat is off ... a better troll is not possible!

Everything you write is wrong!!

> which is just more ignorant and inexperienced
> troll's red-herring evasion. You're completely wrong. A small sensor of
> today's technology far surpasses a larger sensor of yesterday's technology.

Possibly ... but I said "can" ... and with today's technology used in
all sensors, small and large, the large ones DO WIN.

> Your physics theorems didn't include reality. (Not surprising because
> trolls live in their imaginary cyber-world minds.)
>
> Do try to stay on topic next time, troll.
>
> Your mission was to try to explain why people want to give advice about
> something that they know nothing about. Just like the example you provided.
> You know absolutely nothing about reality and physics and tried to wrap
> that into an obvious troll's red-herring evasion. Giving advice about
> things that you know nothing about.

Oh but I **DO** know about physics ... its my business.

That's why my hat is off to you! You are truly expert at
the exact-reverse-to-truth troll.

Doug
From: Doug McDonald on
Ray Fischer wrote:

>>> For example, a camera with a larger sensor can take a
>>> noisefree picture in lower light than a smaller sensor. That's
>>> a law of physics.
>>>
>>> Doug McDonald
>>>
>> Using your off-topic example, which is just more ignorant and inexperienced
>
> Go away, idiot troll.

He's not an idiot troll!! That's the key ... he is ALWAYS EXACTLY WRONG ...
and not by chance ... so he is an expert, who carefully uses his knowledge to
troll with wrong statements.

Doug
From: Neil Harrington on

"Miles Bader" <miles(a)gnu.org> wrote in message
> Michael <adunc79617(a)mypacks.net> writes:
>>> We know why, of course: you're the infamous P&S Troll. We simply don't
>>> know specifically why you are a troll, or why you chose to target this
>>> group in particular. Nor do we care, actually.
>>
>> I was wondering how many responses I'd read before someone recognized
>> our infamous friend.
>
> Using one of his standard trolling techniques too. He may be an idiot
> when it comes to photography, but he's actually pretty skillful at
> trolling...

I wouldn't say he's particularly skillful at it, but he does have an
effective (if transparent) procedure for it. The procedure is simple enough
that I think anyone could do it; it requires little if any skill:

1. Enter a newsgroup making any ordinary trollish comment

2. Crudely insult anyone who replies, while accusing *them* of being a troll

Simple as that.

From: Curiouser and Curiouser on
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 08:40:07 -0500, Doug McDonald
<mcdonald(a)scs.uiuc.edu.remove.invalid> wrote:

>Curiouser and Curiouser wrote:
>

>> Using your off-topic example,
>
>Of course its on topic. You're a really great troll! My complements!
>
>I'm serious!! My hat is off ... a better troll is not possible!
>
>Everything you write is wrong!!
>

>> which is just more ignorant and inexperienced
>> troll's red-herring evasion. You're completely wrong. A small sensor of
>> today's technology far surpasses a larger sensor of yesterday's technology.
>
>Possibly ... but I said "can" ... and with today's technology used in
>all sensors, small and large, the large ones DO WIN.
>

>> Your physics theorems didn't include reality. (Not surprising because
>> trolls live in their imaginary cyber-world minds.)
>>
>> Do try to stay on topic next time, troll.
>>
>> Your mission was to try to explain why people want to give advice about
>> something that they know nothing about. Just like the example you provided.
>> You know absolutely nothing about reality and physics and tried to wrap
>> that into an obvious troll's red-herring evasion. Giving advice about
>> things that you know nothing about.
>>

>Oh but I **DO** know about physics ... its my business.
>
>That's why my hat is off to you! You are truly expert at
>the exact-reverse-to-truth troll.
>
>Doug

You failed to answer the question, again. Here it is, again. Try to not
red-herring side-step it, again. As all the useless troll's have done so
far, again. As you no doubt will do, again. I merely post this so that
everyone can see that you are nothing but an off-topic red-herring evasive
troll, again.