From: Neil Harrington on

"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message

> Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
> it makes you a dSLR owner.

And buying a tractor doesn't make you a farmer.

Nevertheless, real farmers buy tractors and real photographers buy DSLRs.

From: Neil Harrington on

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 10/26/09 10:27 PM, in article
> acpce5drnv7l03118nnsrbh6sirvur1nj5(a)4ax.com,
> "Curiouser and Curiouser" <questioning(a)anyisp.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:02:31 -0700, Savageduck
>> <savageduck@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> It's all in the words.
>>
>> I'd wonder how many of those DSLR psychotics would reply, never realizing
>> that I HAVE used DSLRs, sold them all when I found out P&S cameras were
>> better. So I *DO* have first-hand knowledge of what I speak about. How do
>> you think I know of so many of the glaring faults wrapped in the DSLR
>> design concept? Found the faults by using the cameras.
>>
>> You will also note, that I *NEVER* go out of my way to slam any camera
>> unless some psychotic troll is inventing stories about P&S cameras
>> they've
>> never used. I don't slam DSLRs, I only defend P&S cameras against the
>> wild
>> imaginings of insecure and psychotic DSLR-Trolls. It's that simple.
>>
>> I'm so far ahead of you psychotic, useless, ignorant, and inexperienced
>> trolls in experience and knowledge about photography and the required
>> equipment that you don't even have a clue.
>>
> I've concluded that you are suffering from a severe case of
> Anatidaephobia...

<guffaw!>

Well, that was worth looking up! :-)

From: Curiouser and Curiouser on
On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:39:19 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
<secret(a)illumnati.net> wrote:

>"Miles Bader" <miles(a)gnu.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I was wondering how many responses I'd read before someone recognized
>>> our infamous friend.
>>
>> Using one of his standard trolling techniques too. He may be an idiot
>> when it comes to photography, but he's actually pretty skillful at
>> trolling...
>
>I wouldn't say he's particularly skillful at it, but he does have an
>effective (if transparent) procedure for it. The procedure is simple enough
>that I think anyone could do it; it requires little if any skill:
>
>1. Enter a newsgroup making any ordinary trollish comment
>
>2. Crudely insult anyone who replies, while accusing *them* of being a troll
>
>Simple as that.

Since you failed to address or answer the question, here it is again. Any
further off-topic trolling proves you to be nothing but a troll, again.
Answer the question or prove yourself to be a troll, again. It's that
simple.

From: John McWilliams on
Neil Harrington wrote:
> "Miles Bader" <miles(a)gnu.org> wrote in message
>>> I was wondering how many responses I'd read before someone recognized
>>> our infamous friend.
>> Using one of his standard trolling techniques too. He may be an idiot
>> when it comes to photography, but he's actually pretty skillful at
>> trolling...
>
> I wouldn't say he's particularly skillful at it, but he does have an
> effective (if transparent) procedure for it. The procedure is simple enough
> that I think anyone could do it; it requires little if any skill:
>
> 1. Enter a newsgroup making any ordinary trollish comment
>
> 2. Crudely insult anyone who replies, while accusing *them* of being a troll
>
> Simple as that.

Why are so many unable to resist? Well, a handful continually rise to
the bait.

--
john mcwilliams
From: Savageduck on
On 2009-10-28 10:08:32 -0700, "Neil Harrington" <secret(a)illumnati.net> said:

> "George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> On 10/26/09 10:27 PM, in article
>> acpce5drnv7l03118nnsrbh6sirvur1nj5(a)4ax.com,
>> "Curiouser and Curiouser" <questioning(a)anyisp.net> wrote:

>>> I'd wonder how many of those DSLR psychotics would reply, never realizing
>>> that I HAVE used DSLRs, sold them all when I found out P&S cameras were
>>> better. So I *DO* have first-hand knowledge of what I speak about. How do
>>> you think I know of so many of the glaring faults wrapped in the DSLR
>>> design concept? Found the faults by using the cameras.
>>>
>>> You will also note, that I *NEVER* go out of my way to slam any camera
>>> unless some psychotic troll is inventing stories about P&S cameras
>>> they've
>>> never used. I don't slam DSLRs, I only defend P&S cameras against the
>>> wild
>>> imaginings of insecure and psychotic DSLR-Trolls. It's that simple.
>>>
>>> I'm so far ahead of you psychotic, useless, ignorant, and inexperienced
>>> trolls in experience and knowledge about photography and the required
>>> equipment that you don't even have a clue.
>>>
>> I've concluded that you are suffering from a severe case of
>> Anatidaephobia...
>
> <guffaw!>
>
> Well, that was worth looking up! :-)

Reciprocal snicker!