From: John Navas on
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:08:55 -0400, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in
<k9hee5lgrrrfdk3m6mfanuma6f36advlv3(a)4ax.com>:

>On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:40:43 -0700, John Navas
><spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>You'll never see real pros bragging about their gear.
>
>Or using P&Ss.

Simply not true.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: nospam on
In article <pdiee5duivgg4bu88tg955e04ahd1jsc3i(a)4ax.com>, Curiouser and
Curiouser <questioning(a)anyisp.net> wrote:

> >in fact, stock photo agencies will often not accept photos from p&s
> >cameras.
>
> Any stock-agency that rejects a worthwhile photograph based on the camera
> it is taken with would lose millions in revenue if they didn't accept
> something like the 8mm film frames from the Kennedy assassination.

the zapruder film was never submitted to a stock agency. stock agencies
are full of photos of everyday scenes, not world changing events.
there are plenty of pros using slrs who submit more images than the
agencies know what to do with and they don't need to fuss with the
wannabes who can't afford decent equipment.
From: John Navas on
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 14:36:24 -0500, Curiouser and Curiouser
<questioning(a)anyisp.net> wrote in
<pdiee5duivgg4bu88tg955e04ahd1jsc3i(a)4ax.com>:

>On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:12:45 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
>>In article <k9hee5lgrrrfdk3m6mfanuma6f36advlv3(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
>><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> Or using P&Ss.
>>
>>in fact, stock photo agencies will often not accept photos from p&s
>>cameras.

Nothing to back that up, as usual, which isn't terribly surprising
because it simply isn't true.

From: nospam on
In article <h4jee55vh87vkt5ob0is0391jbrcgkbnjf(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >A great shot can be taken with a P&S camera. However, serious
> >photographers who get more than the accidental once-in-a-blue-moon
> >great shots aren't using P&Ss.
>
> Childishly pejorative as usual, and simply not true.

it's exactly true.

how many wedding photographers show up with a canon s90? how many
sports photographers take photos of the super bowl or world series with
a panasonic?
From: D. Peter Maus on
On 10/27/09 14:50 , nospam wrote:
> In article<h4jee55vh87vkt5ob0is0391jbrcgkbnjf(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
> <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>>> A great shot can be taken with a P&S camera. However, serious
>>> photographers who get more than the accidental once-in-a-blue-moon
>>> great shots aren't using P&Ss.
>>
>> Childishly pejorative as usual, and simply not true.
>
> it's exactly true.
>
> how many wedding photographers show up with a canon s90? how many
> sports photographers take photos of the super bowl or world series with
> a panasonic?

I did a shoot in July for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation,
where one of the 'official' photographers was shooting a P&S.

My brother shot a wedding with a Fuji P&S, leaving his 35mm SLR
in the bag.

It doesn't happen often. But it does happen.