From: William B. Lurie on
Jose wrote:
> On Mar 13, 6:53 am, "William B. Lurie" <billu...(a)nospam.net> wrote:
>> William B. Lurie wrote:

(Snip)
I believe I'm narrowing it down to the following Event,
which occurred 3 hours after leaving the computer. Security
and Applications showed only the usual 1 Security event at
the start:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Tcpip
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4201
Date: 3/14/2010
Time: 2:52:18 PM
User: N/A
Computer: COMPAQ-2006
The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\
TCPIP_{D5E50A75-4A1C-4421-A5B4-569C9FE131B8} was connected
to the network, and has initiated normal operation over
the network adapter.

Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 50 00 ......P.
0008: 00 00 00 00 69 10 00 40 ....i..@
0010: 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
_________________________________________________-

When Hibernate tine is set for 1 hours, it goes into
hibernation properly. When set for 2 hours, right after about
1 hour, the above event is logged and it fails to go into
hibernation. Overnight tonight I'll try to remember to see
if it repeats this every hour, if hibernate is set for more
than 2 hours.

Tcpip/NetBios is set for automatic. I suppose I could set it
to Manual to see if that fixes it. Any other advice?
From: William B. Lurie on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> Jose wrote:
>>>>>>
> (Snip)
> I believe I'm narrowing it down to the following Event,
> which occurred 3 hours after leaving the computer. Security
> and Applications showed only the usual 1 Security event at
> the start:
>
> Event Type: Information
> Event Source: Tcpip
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 4201
> Date: 3/14/2010
> Time: 2:52:18 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: COMPAQ-2006
> The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\
> TCPIP_{D5E50A75-4A1C-4421-A5B4-569C9FE131B8} was connected
> to the network, and has initiated normal operation over
> the network adapter.

> Data:
> 0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 50 00 ......P.
> 0008: 00 00 00 00 69 10 00 40 ....i..@
> 0010: 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
> _________________________________________________-
>
> When Hibernate tine is set for 1 hours, it goes into
> hibernation properly. When set for 2 hours, right after about
> 1 hour, the above event is logged and it fails to go into
> hibernation. Overnight tonight I'll try to remember to see
> if it repeats this every hour, if hibernate is set for more
> than 2 hours.
>
> Tcpip/NetBios is set for automatic. I suppose I could set it
> to Manual to see if that fixes it. Any other advice?
Adding to the above is a disappointing test.

I set Tcpip/NetBios to Automatic; also
Events Log to Automatic...... Set Hibernate for 2 hours.

Went away, and when I came back 3 hours later my screen
saver was on, it had not gone to hibernate, and there
was *no clue* in any of the Events Log.

Please tell me about Tcpip, which seems to be involved
wiyth this problem.
From: William B. Lurie on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> Jose wrote:
>>>>>>>
>> (Snip) I believe I'm narrowing it down to the following Event,
>> which occurred 3 hours after leaving the computer. Security
>> and Applications showed only the usual 1 Security event at
>> the start:
>>
>> Event Type: Information
>> Event Source: Tcpip
>> Event Category: None
>> Event ID: 4201
>> Date: 3/14/2010
>> Time: 2:52:18 PM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: COMPAQ-2006
>> The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\
>> TCPIP_{D5E50A75-4A1C-4421-A5B4-569C9FE131B8} was connected
>> to the network, and has initiated normal operation over
>> the network adapter.

>> Data:
>> 0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 50 00 ......P.
>> 0008: 00 00 00 00 69 10 00 40 ....i..@
>> 0010: 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>> _________________________________________________-
>>
>> When Hibernate tine is set for 1 hours, it goes into
>> hibernation properly. When set for 2 hours, right after about
>> 1 hour, the above event is logged and it fails to go into
>> hibernation. Overnight tonight I'll try to remember to see
>> if it repeats this every hour, if hibernate is set for more
>> than 2 hours.
>>
>> Tcpip/NetBios is set for automatic. I suppose I could set it
>> to Manual to see if that fixes it. Any other advice?
> Adding to the above is a disappointing test.
>
> I set Tcpip/NetBios to Automatic; also
> Events Log to Automatic...... Set Hibernate for 2 hours.
>
> Went away, and when I came back 3 hours later my screen
> saver was on, it had not gone to hibernate, and there
> was *no clue* in any of the Events Log.
>
> Please tell me about Tcpip, which seems to be involved
> with this problem.

A bit more evidence:

The complete Events Log>>Systems for my machine's overnight
attempts to go into hibernation is available for study
(I hope) at

http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/i/billurie/events6.evt

The one event logged and shown up above, was the only entry,
except that it repeated every 2hrs 2.5 minutes, as can be
seen in the log on my website. So my question about what is
Tcpip for, and what can I do about stopping it from causing
the system to hibernate after 2 hours, remains.

From: William B. Lurie on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> William B. Lurie wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>> (Snip) I believe I'm narrowing it down to the following Event,
>>> which occurred 3 hours after leaving the computer. Security
>>> and Applications showed only the usual 1 Security event at
>>> the start:
>>>
>>> Event Type: Information
>>> Event Source: Tcpip
>>> Event Category: None
>>> Event ID: 4201
>>> Date: 3/14/2010
>>> Time: 2:52:18 PM
>>> User: N/A
>>> Computer: COMPAQ-2006
>>> The system detected that network adapter \DEVICE\
>>> TCPIP_{D5E50A75-4A1C-4421-A5B4-569C9FE131B8} was connected
>>> to the network, and has initiated normal operation over
>>> the network adapter.
>>>
>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>> Data:
>>> 0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 50 00 ......P.
>>> 0008: 00 00 00 00 69 10 00 40 ....i..@
>>> 0010: 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>>> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>>> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>>> _________________________________________________-
>>>
>>> When Hibernate tine is set for 1 hours, it goes into
>>> hibernation properly. When set for 2 hours, right after about
>>> 1 hour, the above event is logged and it fails to go into
>>> hibernation. Overnight tonight I'll try to remember to see
>>> if it repeats this every hour, if hibernate is set for more
>>> than 2 hours.
>>>
>>> Tcpip/NetBios is set for automatic. I suppose I could set it
>>> to Manual to see if that fixes it. Any other advice?
>> Adding to the above is a disappointing test.
>>
>> I set Tcpip/NetBios to Automatic; also
>> Events Log to Automatic...... Set Hibernate for 2 hours.
>>
>> Went away, and when I came back 3 hours later my screen
>> saver was on, it had not gone to hibernate, and there
>> was *no clue* in any of the Events Log.
>>
>> Please tell me about Tcpip, which seems to be involved
>> with this problem.
>
> A bit more evidence:
>
> The complete Events Log>>Systems for my machine's overnight
> attempts to go into hibernation is available for study
> (I hope) at
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/i/billurie/events6.evt
>
> The one event logged and shown up above, was the only entry,
> except that it repeated every 2hrs 2.5 minutes, as can be
> seen in the log on my website. So my question about what is
> Tcpip for, and what can I do about stopping it from causing
> the system to hibernate after 2 hours, remains.

If above link does not work, please try this one, and change extension
to .evt after downloading it:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/i/billurie/events6.txt

From: William B. Lurie on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> William B. Lurie wrote:
>> William B. Lurie wrote:

>>> Adding to the above is a disappointing test.
>>>
>>> I set Tcpip/NetBios to Automatic; also
>>> Events Log to Automatic...... Set Hibernate for 2 hours.
>>>
>>> Went away, and when I came back 3 hours later my screen
>>> saver was on, it had not gone to hibernate, and there
>>> was *no clue* in any of the Events Log.
>>>
>>> Please tell me about Tcpip, which seems to be involved
>>> with this problem.
>>
>> A bit more evidence:
>>
>> The complete Events Log>>Systems for my machine's overnight
>> attempts to go into hibernation is available for study
>> (I hope) at
>>
>> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/i/billurie/events6.evt
>>
>> The one event logged and shown up above, was the only entry,
>> except that it repeated every 2hrs 2.5 minutes, as can be
>> seen in the log on my website. So my question about what is
>> Tcpip for, and what can I do about stopping it from causing
>> the system to hibernate after 2 hours, remains.
>>
> If above link does not work, please try this one, and change extension
> to .evt after downloading it:
>
> http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/i/billurie/events6.txt

I'll get my act in order about uploading.......(I hope).
See this link:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/i/billurie/events7.txt