From: Unknown on
Is outlook express active when you try to hibernate? How often do you check
for mail?

From: William B. Lurie on
I'm going to top-respond and deep six a bunch below.

Unknown, I never ever use or even load Outlook Distress.
I use Thunderbird and check for mail whenever I come back
out of hibernation, after I look at Events Log..........
but note that I always restart before making one of these tests.

Unknown wrote:
> Is outlook express active when you try to hibernate? How often do you check
> for mail?
> "William B. Lurie" <billurie(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
(a lot of snip)
See previous posts for fill-in. But my testing seems to be narrowing
it down to Tcpip occurring maybe every hour, and when it occurs,
hibernate doesn't happen.

I'm hoping someone will explain Tcpip to me......maybe there's no
need for it, or maybe there's a way to keep it if it's needed, and
set it so that it doesn't interfere with hibernation.
From: Unknown on
I am not familiar with Thunderbird and don't use it. In OE we can set up to
check for mail
every XX minutes. If Thunderbird has that capability then that could be your
problem. To test
have you shut down Thunderbird before waiting to hibernate? IE click 'X'
instead of '-'.

From: William B. Lurie on
William B. Lurie wrote:
> I'm going to top-respond and deep six a bunch below.
>
> Unknown, I never ever use or even load Outlook Distress.
> I use Thunderbird and check for mail whenever I come back
> out of hibernation, after I look at Events Log..........
> but note that I always restart before making one of these tests.
>
> Unknown wrote:
>> Is outlook express active when you try to hibernate? How often do you
>> check for mail?
>> "William B. Lurie" <billurie(a)nospam.net> wrote in message
> (a lot of snip)
> See previous posts for fill-in. But my testing seems to be narrowing
> it down to Tcpip occurring maybe every hour, and when it occurs,
> hibernate doesn't happen.
>
> I'm hoping someone will explain Tcpip to me......maybe there's no
> need for it, or maybe there's a way to keep it if it's needed, and
> set it so that it doesn't interfere with hibernation.

One final note to close out this thread:
I'm going to start a new one, just so that someone can tell me
what Tcpip is for, since it keeps showing up as an 'Event'.
And thanks to all who helped.
From: Tom Willett on

: >
:
: One final note to close out this thread:
: I'm going to start a new one, just so that someone can tell me
: what Tcpip is for, since it keeps showing up as an 'Event'.
: And thanks to all who helped.

Google for it and you'll find out all you need to know.