From: Robert Aldwinckle on
"Home User" <no.spam(a)no.spam.net> wrote in message
>I posted in another group and someone suggested I review archived threads.
> So I did. Here is what I found (see below). I tried it, and it worked fine!
> I then ran Windows Update and I got the message: "There are no updates
> available at this time." So, I am satisfied. Case closed!
> ---------------------------------
>
> FROM MICROSOFT TECHNICAL SUPPORT:
> 7. Type the command below and press Enter:
>
> C:\KB837009.EXE /N:V
>
> 8. Restart your computer in Normal Mode and see whether
> the issue persists.

Except that now you will have regressed all your 823353 modules...

What you should have done I think is uninstall 823353 first
and then see if 837009 would install on its own without being forced to.

I just thought that repairing the obviously broken 823353 would have
been enough to make 837009 appear unnecessary but evidently that
is not possible.

Glad to see you finally have managed to prevent your problem symptom.
You probably won't see 823353 offered because it is not a critical update.
But if you have trouble applying it, e.g. in order to restore its module versions,
I guess you could try applying the same technique (the /N:V switch) to force
them into place too.

Robert
---