First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
LOGRETAIN for SQL Replication
Hello, I was trying to use SQL Replication (free) to replicate a table on a DB2 9.5 (HADR primary) server. To my surprise, I would need to put LOGARCHMETH1 to LOGRETAIN. Can anyone explain me the need for this? I would like to keep log archiving to disk (as explained in the HADR Best Practices). Why can't the... 23 Jun 2010 05:08
URGENT Help with STRIP on a Varchar(250) with TRANSLATE
I am using DB2 v9.7.1 and I have a column named for arguments sake 'IN_STRING' defined as VARCHAR(250) The contents of which are for example '246485+522831+1431234'. Now what I an 'trying' to do is use this value in an SQL Query as an 'IN" clause, ie:(246485,522831,1431234) so I am using TRANSLATE to get rid of ... 21 Jun 2010 16:53
can not start db2 after changing hostname in db2nodes.cfg fileto service IP alias
> change the hostname value in db2nodes.cfg of instance to service IP alias ( say srv1 ) which is nothing but another resolvable hostname I think you mean the virtual IP address which is failing over when one node goes down, right? service ip addresses are usually used to connect directly to one of the nodes. ... 9 Jul 2010 18:18
can not start db2 after changing hostname in db2nodes.cfg file to service IP alias
Hi, i am setting up hacmp cluster and i have installed db2 on both nodes and set up both admin and regular instances on primary node. i have configured hacmp cluster and added resources and all that. i should change the hostname value in db2nodes.cfg of instance to service IP alias ( say srv1 ) which is nothing ... 8 Jul 2010 12:28
Sybase to DB2 = ANTS Software
Karlitos, Check out http://Ants.com Easy migration from Sybase to DB2 Karlitos wrote: Sybase to DB2 16-Jun-10 Is there anybody who has convert a sybase database to a DB2 Iseries database ? I would like to know - the potential problems that could happen - tools that could exist - etc... Thanks a l... 18 Jun 2010 14:37
Cardinality per partition
DB2 LUW v9.1 Is there any IBM supplied view, function, etc. that gives cardinality per partition on a partitioned table? I can't find anything. ... 18 Jun 2010 11:18
avgrowcompressionration in syscat.tables not updated
when i select data about table compression from table function, i got correct data: db2 => select tabname,compress_attr,bytes_saved_percent,rows_sampled from table( admin_get_tab_compress_info_v97('ALEXA',NULL,'REPORT')) where object_type='DATA' TABNAME COMP... 25 Jun 2010 19:45
Upgrade from DB2 LUW 9.5 to 9.7 failed
When trying to migrate a system from DB2 Enterprise Edition for LUW 9.5 fixpack 4 to 9.7 fixpack 2 on Windows we got an error. I did all the steps without error until the command "db2 upgrade database db1" returned error message ADM0501C. From the explanation to this message it seems that one can use the db2hdr uti... 17 Jun 2010 15:37
Sybase to DB2
Is there anybody who has convert a sybase database to a DB2 Iseries database ? I would like to know - the potential problems that could happen - tools that could exist - etc... Thanks a lot. ... 17 Jun 2010 06:45
5 Reasons why In-memory analysis matters
5 Reasons why In-memory analysis matters If you have been tracking the BI industry for a while you will have noticed that that in-memory analysis is all the rage. The reason for this is that it is more than a techno fad. In-memory analysis really does matter. And here are 5 reasons why. [1] Fast BI deplo... 16 Jun 2010 08:49