From: Twayne on
In news:67e7p5h7l0eo73nbrlvm36m3h6dscu2p3i(a)4ax.com,
Ken Blake, MVP <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> typed:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 08:18:37 -0000, "Gordon"
> <gordonbparker(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> MB for MB a flash drive is FAR cheaper than
>> floppies...
>>
>> 10 1.44 MB diskettes - �1.98. That's 14.4 MB for �1.98 -
>> �0.14 per MB
>>
>> 2 *GB* flash drive �5.49. That's two THOUSAND MB for �5.49
>> - that' �.002 per MB.
>

> Good point, and one that I never thought about before.
>
> As a general rule, the more bytes some storage device
> holds, the cheaper it is per byte.

But off topic and irrelevant since it has nothing to do with the OPs query.

Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

From: Gordon on

"Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message

> But off topic and irrelevant since it has nothing to do with the OPs
> query.

Not at all. The question is - why would anyone want to use 1.44 MB floppy
discs anyway in the 21st century?

From: Twayne on
In news:OKB2gGkvKHA.5008(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Gordon <gordonbparker(a)yahoo.com> typed:
> "Twayne" <nobody(a)spamcop.net> wrote in message
>>
>> But off topic and irrelevant since it has nothing to do
>> with the OPs query.
>
> Not at all. The question is - why would anyone want to use
> 1.44 MB floppy discs anyway in the 21st century?

And now you have a few reasong; I'm sure there are more.
HTH,

Twayne`
From: Unknown on
The manufacturer of my computer updates my BIOS by me downloading the update
which is
written to a floppy. I then boot with the floppy inserted and my BIOS is
updated.
Should something happen to my BIOS, I have a copy of it on a floppy.
This is why I use a floppy in the 21st century.

From: Gordon on

"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message
> The manufacturer of my computer updates my BIOS by me downloading the
> update which is
> written to a floppy. I then boot with the floppy inserted and my BIOS is
> updated.
> Should something happen to my BIOS, I have a copy of it on a floppy.
> This is why I use a floppy in the 21st century.

And that's probably the ONLY reason for using a floppy.....