From: Unknown on
Do a Google search for 'cassette tape life expectancy'.

From: Gordon on

> Quote specs not emotional gibberish. An 8 track or cassette has a definite
> specification
> as to life expectancy.

Rubbish - of COURSE it doesn't. All magnetic media such as Audio cassettes,
8 track (which is just a special form of cassette), VHS cassettes, when they
are plaid they CONTACT the playing head. When this happens a minute part of
the surface of the tape is removed by friction on the playing head. The life
expectancy of these magnetic TAPES is in direct proportion to how often they
are played. Play a VHS tape three times a day every day and it won't last
very long. Play a VHS tape once a year and it will ladst FAR longer.

From: Gordon on

> There is usually a good reason why a floppy failed.

Lots of them through sheer age.

From: Gordon on

> Do a Google search for 'cassette tape life expectancy'.

You really are thick aren't you?

I'll explain again. EVERY time you play a TAPE of any sort, the surface of
the tape has particles removed by the CONTACT with the playing head so that
eventually the tape becomes so worn it cannot reproduce whatever is on it.
Unlike media such as CD/DVD where there is NO contact AT ALL between the
playing head and the media.
Thus tapes wear out in direct proportion to HOW OFTEN THEY ARE USED.

From: Unknown on
But you never quote a spec on times played. You simply present your
emotions.
How many times can a cassette be played?