From: Clocky on
atec7 7" <""atec77\"@ hotmail.com wrote:
> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
>> jonz wrote:
>>>
>>> hmmmm, bought a Goldstar microwave nearly thirty years
>>> ago.........still working fine..
>>
>> Goldstar isn't LG (Lucky Goldstar).
> ALong with the corp name change name a noticable change in quality
> we have quite a bit of higher end Lg in the house and so far the
> bedroon tv dropped an audio board which was repaired out of warranty
> and the front loader dropped the go switch which cost only $19.00 to
> repair So far nothing else has been a problem but then being a huge
> retail supplier does tend to make a similar percentage of failures to
> the others

They make junk that is designed to fail and uneconomical to fix.

From: atec7 7 ""atec77" on
Clocky wrote:
> atec7 7" <""atec77\"@ hotmail.com wrote:
>> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
>>> Goldstar isn't LG (Lucky Goldstar).
>> ALong with the corp name change name a noticable change in quality
>> we have quite a bit of higher end Lg in the house and so far the
>> bedroon tv dropped an audio board which was repaired out of warranty
>> and the front loader dropped the go switch which cost only $19.00 to
>> repair So far nothing else has been a problem but then being a huge
>> retail supplier does tend to make a similar percentage of failures to
>> the others
>
> They make junk that is designed to fail and uneconomical to fix.

AN immodest claim with no proof
so where is the cite and url ?
From: Clocky on
atec7 7" <""atec77\"@ hotmail.com wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> atec7 7" <""atec77\"@ hotmail.com wrote:
>>> ALong with the corp name change name a noticable change in quality
>>> we have quite a bit of higher end Lg in the house and so far the
>>> bedroon tv dropped an audio board which was repaired out of
>>> warranty and the front loader dropped the go switch which cost only
>>> $19.00 to repair So far nothing else has been a problem but then
>>> being a huge retail supplier does tend to make a similar percentage
>>> of failures to the others
>>
>> They make junk that is designed to fail and uneconomical to fix.
>>
> AN immodest claim with no proof

I don't need proof when I'm surrounded by LG customers with similar stories
of goods failing just out of warranty.

> so where is the cite and url ?

You can go better and ring any service centre you like.

From: terryc on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 02:14:48 +0800, Clocky wrote:

> It's cheap if it lasts 40 years ;-)

Make sure you mention it in your will.

From: terryc on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 09:25:19 +1000, Brad wrote:

> Jugs are funny things, growing up we had the old type with the 2 wires
> running down the inside to the element. they went for years and a
> replacement element was cheap and took 2 minutes to replace. They were
> ugly, noisy, potentially fatal and leaked water if overfilled. Damn they
> would last though.

Until you dropped the, I still have two of them. The biggest belonged to
my grandmother. The trick with wire elements was to replace them with the
two parallel plate element. They never blew out.