From: Clocky on
atec7 7" <""atec77\"@ hotmail.com wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>
>>> As I said I had two failures both repaired , one 55" TV completly
>>> free well out of warranty and the 7.5 kg washer which is well out of
>>> warranty but they fixed it for the cost of parts with no labour
>>> meaning you are wrong again
>>
>> Prove it.
>>

> prove me wrong you childish little cockspank

I'm not the liar resorting to petty insults here.

Your turn.

From: Mike Rofone on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF wrote...

> I've got an LG washer & drier combo. About 3 years old. Works like a charm. Its

Our LG front loader is 2 years old now and has seen a shitload of use. It's
going strong and does a top job. Only issue is that its capacity is about half
of the capacity of the Kleenmaid gas fired drier that we use. We bought the
Kleenmaid in 1993. Still going strong.

> got a 10 warranty on the DD motor. So far, there's a bit of grot around the dial
> used to select the wash setting. The water inlet solenoid is damn annoying. I
> know how to fix the water hammering but I don't understand why the stupid thing
> has to intake water in dribs and drabs rather than in one go.

Haven't noticed that on ours. Is yours a front loader?

> The FullHD LG TV has a problem with its power inverter, I think. Sometimes, when
> I turn it on, its got no picture. Just turning it off and back on fixes that.
> But every once in a while it seems to loses power and goes off and back on. I
> thought it might have been the surge protector so I removed that but it turns

Our Samsung LCD TV was doing this. Turns out to be a faulty board which was
replaced under warranty. That it took the repair guys a day to do the job
suggest that it is a common one as they had the parts in stock...

> All the Sony stuff (laptop, Hi-Fi, etc.) work like a charm.

Yep, Sony, Panasonic are two electronics brands that are hard to beat.

From: Mike Rofone on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF wrote...

> > Our LG front loader is 2 years old now and has seen a shitload of use. It's
> > going strong and does a top job. Only issue is that its capacity is about half
> > of the capacity of the Kleenmaid gas fired drier that we use. We bought the
> > Kleenmaid in 1993. Still going strong.
>
> Gas fired?

Yes. Heating source is natural gas. Uses about 20 cents of gas an hour. A
typical full load (2 x 7kg front loader loads) takes about 45 mins to dry.

While some clothes are put on the line those that my wife has to come in contact
with goes into the drier. She has bad allergies and this is one (albeit not
cheap) way to deal with that.