From: Christopher Muto on
Timothy Daniels wrote:
> "Christopher Muto" wrote:
>> as for the argument about the incredible expense of higher education today... that sounds to me to be precisely a
>> reason not to pay a second time for things you already bought.
>
> The OP's goal is purportedly to get his son a successful college
> education. Why is he allowing the cost of Win7 to get in the way
> of what should be more important considerations? Academic Editions
> are cheap - see this page:
> http://www.microsoft.com/education/license/howtobuy/academicsavings.aspx ,
> or do a Google search on "Windows 7 Academic Edition". This whole
> exercise is about just $80! Given that, isn't the OP more likely to be
> trying to be Administrator In Absentia than showing his kid how to
> solve his own problems and how to maintain a rational perspective
> on them?
>
> *TimDaniels*

changing the facts to fit your argument is a common debating tactic but
it is intellectual fraud and a waste of everyones time, including your
own. it appears that you completely miss the point and nothing i say
will change that. go ahead and have the last word. welcome to my kill
file.
From: ahall on
"Timothy Daniels" <NoSpam(a)SpamMeKnot.biz> writes:

> "Christopher Muto" wrote:
>> as for the argument about the incredible expense of higher education today... that sounds to me to be precisely a
>> reason not to pay a second time for things you already bought.
>
> The OP's goal is purportedly to get his son a successful college
> education. Why is he allowing the cost of Win7 to get in the way
> of what should be more important considerations? Academic Editions
> are cheap - see this page:

Why to you presume to know so much about people
you have never met?

Hubris is ugly.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)
From: Aussie Camper on
On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 19:25:36 -0400, <ahall(a)no-spam-panix.com> wrote:

>"Timothy Daniels" <NoSpam(a)SpamMeKnot.biz> writes:
>
>> "Christopher Muto" wrote:
>>> as for the argument about the incredible expense of higher education today... that sounds to me to be precisely a
>>> reason not to pay a second time for things you already bought.
>>
>> The OP's goal is purportedly to get his son a successful college
>> education. Why is he allowing the cost of Win7 to get in the way
>> of what should be more important considerations? Academic Editions
>> are cheap - see this page:
>
>Why to you presume to know so much about people
>you have never met?
>
>Hubris is ugly.

He obviously thinks he is the worlds best parent and wants the world
to know.

Aussie Camper
From: Timothy Daniels on
"Christopher Muto" wrote:
> Timothy Daniels wrote:
>> "Christopher Muto" wrote:
>>> as for the argument about the incredible expense of higher education today...
>>> that sounds to me to be precisely a reason not to pay a second time for things you already bought.
>>
>> The OP's goal is purportedly to get his son a successful college
>> education. Why is he allowing the cost of Win7 to get in the way
>> of what should be more important considerations? Academic Editions
>> are cheap - see this page:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/education/license/howtobuy/academicsavings.aspx ,
>> or do a Google search on "Windows 7 Academic Edition". This whole
>> exercise is about just $80! Given that, isn't the OP more likely to be
>> trying to be Administrator In Absentia than showing his kid how to
>> solve his own problems and how to maintain a rational perspective
>> on them?
>>
>> *TimDaniels*
>>

> changing the facts to fit your argument is a common debating tactic but it is intellectual fraud and a waste of
> everyones time, including your own. it appears that you completely miss the point and nothing i say will change that.
> go ahead and have the last word. welcome to my kill file.

Charging "changes of fact" without naming them is also a cheap
debating tactic.

*TimDaniels*

From: Timothy Daniels on
<ahall(a)no-spam-panix.com> wrote:
> "Timothy Daniels" writes:
>
>> "Christopher Muto" wrote:
>>> as for the argument about the incredible expense of higher education today...
>>> that sounds to me to be precisely a
>>> reason not to pay a second time for things you already bought.
>>
>> The OP's goal is purportedly to get his son a successful college
>> education. Why is he allowing the cost of Win7 to get in the way
>> of what should be more important considerations? Academic Editions
>> are cheap - see this page:
>
> Why to you presume to know so much about people
> you have never met?
>
> Hubris is ugly.

One needn't meet you. The pertinent facts are your own statements
The Academic Editions of Windows are full boat editions and incredibly
cheap, but you're spending all this time attempting to apply your wife's
installation DVD to your son's computer (a scam), yet worried that you
won't do it before your son's matriculation, when all you have to do is spend
$80 to accomplish your purported goal, stay legal, and get your son off to
college with Win7 installed on his laptop. Discuss with your wife the
difference between "Father" and "System Administrator" and which role
is replacing the other.

*TimDaniels*

>> http://www.microsoft.com/education/license/howtobuy/academicsavings.aspx ,
>> or do a Google search on "Windows 7 Academic Edition". This whole
>> exercise is about just $80! Given that, isn't the OP more likely to be
>> trying to be Administrator In Absentia than showing his kid how to
>> solve his own problems and how to maintain a rational perspective
>> on them?
>>
>> *TimDaniels*
>

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Question ! About Adobe Flash?
Next: Video Card