From: RnR on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 10:38:00 +1200, Tom Cole
<tacoleNOSPAM(a)yahoo.co.nz> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 15:15:50 -0500, RnR <rnrtexas(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 13:09:22 -0400, Daddy <daddy(a)invalid.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>If by "change drives" you mean replacing an existing hard/optical drive
>>>or adding a new drive, I believe you can do that as many times as you wish.
>>>
>>>There is a limited number of times you'll be allowed to activate on-line
>>>(how many I don't know). After that you have to activate by phone. But
>>>unless you're making substantial changes to the hardware, you'll never
>>>have to activate.
>>

>>I wonder how it knows the difference.. maybe combination of serial
>>numbers??? No need to reply, I'm already past my quota on questions.
>>Thanks Daddy for the help.
>
>Here's a web site which explains Windows Product Activation (WPA) on
>XP.
>http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm

Thanks Tom for the link.
From: Timothy Daniels on
<ahall(a)no-spam-panix.com> wrote:
> "Timothy Daniels" <NoSpam(a)SpamMeKnot.biz> writes:
>
>> <ahall(a)no-spam-panix.com> wrote:

>>> Why to you presume to know so much about people
>>> you have never met?
>>>
>>> Hubris is ugly.
>>
>> One needn't meet you. The pertinent facts are your own statements
>> The Academic Editions of Windows are full boat editions and incredibly
>> cheap, but you're spending all this time attempting to apply your wife's
>> installation DVD to your son's computer (a scam), yet worried that you
>
> I would have had a licence, no scam.

A "license" (i.e. DVD) that had been priced to sell with a different
machine - admittedly a small "misappropriation", but one that's taking
an inordinate amount of your time, as its holding up the purchase Junior's
laptop. Why not just give him the money (or credit card) and let him do
all this for himself? The sooner that he knows how to take care of himself,
the better for both of you, despite what you think now. You can't be
Administrator In Absentia forever, you know.

*TimDaniels*

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: Question ! About Adobe Flash?