From: Joep on
"Ato_Zee" <ato_zee(a)hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

>> > Easy to claim. You cant actually substantiate that claim.
>>
>> No actually it isn't, just try it for yourself.
>
> I have, defragging makes no discernable difference.

I do not make money with it. I am not talking defragging, I am talking
optimizing for quite a few posts now. If you didn't get that by now, you're
thick. It does make a noticable difference (file placement, optimization).
Right here, on both PCs I use. What you have to say for the rest, I don't
care. If you defrag or not, I don't care.Iif anyone else defrags or not, I
don't care. I am not in a server environment, I don't care if they run it on
servers or not.

Waiting for the thing to boot bugs me. If I can bring that down even a
couple of seconds (but it's more than that) then for me that's significant
and worth it. I tested that and I do not need you or Rodless to confirm
that. To accomplish that I do not need to defrag 'all the time' as you put
it. Just once every 3 months is fine depending on software installed
(including service packs) during that period.

All apps I frequently use load faster after disk optimization. Instead of
the previous disk rattling and waiting, the disk is now quiet and the app is
up in no time. For me that's a significant improvement. I am happy now.

From: Joep on
"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Joep wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>>> Joep wrote

>>> Because he didnt say that.
>
>> he did
>
> He didnt.

he did

>>> Corse its correct.
>
>>> And there are plenty of other examples where fragmention
>>> has no effect on real world file use too, most obviously
>>> with non serial access to files like with databases etc.
>
>> And there are also real world examples where file placement and
>> fragmentation does have affect.
>
> Not with modern Win OSs that do file placement themselves.

Well, if I can improve whatever the modern OS does, then file placement does
have effect.

>>> In fact there arent very many situations where the speed
>>> of serial access to large files happens much anymore.
>
>>> The most common situation now remaining is file copying
>>> and it makes a lot more sense to not copy large files around
>>> instead. Put them where they need to be in the first place.
>
>> Aha, you quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist fellas ?
>
> Cant even manage its own lines. Or anything else either.

Lol! Such a simple mind, must be wonderful.

From: Rod Speed on
Joep wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> Joep wrote
>>> Ato_Zee <ato_zee(a)hotmail.com> wrote

>>> No, because if I optimize this file system it starts quicker.

>> Easy to claim. You cant actually substantiate that claim.

>>> So I load the same amount of services, change one parameter namely the location of the files on the disk, and it
>>> loads faster.

>> Easy to claim. You cant actually substantiate that claim.

>>> No I am not. Biggest gain is from optimization (file placement) and
>>> I do that every few months.

>>> It still is an issue

>> Easy to claim. You cant actually substantiate that claim.

> No actually it isn't, just try it for yourself.

Did that, you lied.

And it makes no sense to be doing a full reboot every day anyway.

If you do want to turn the system off every day, you should hibernate, not shut down.

From: Rod Speed on
Joep wrote
> Ato_Zee <ato_zee(a)hotmail.com> wrote
>> Joep <available(a)request.nl> wrote

>>> No actually it isn't, just try it for yourself.

>> I have, defragging makes no discernable difference.

> I do not make money with it. I am not talking defragging, I am talking optimizing for quite a few posts now.

You're lying now.

> If you didn't get that by now, you're thick.

And you are a pathological liar.

> It does make a noticable difference (file placement, optimization).

Like hell it does. And modern MS OSs do that anyway.

> Right here, on both PCs I use.

Doesnt make the HUGE DIFFERENCE you lied about previously.

Even with the worst file placement, the most that does is add
a couple of milliseconds to the head movement between files
and that is nothing in the total boot time of a curent MS OS.

> What you have to say for the rest, I don't care. If you defrag or not, I don't care.Iif anyone else defrags or not, I
> don't care. I am not in a server environment, I don't care if they run it on servers or not.

> Waiting for the thing to boot bugs me.

Then you should hibernate instead of shutting down, stupid.

> If I can bring that down even a couple of seconds (but it's more than that) then for me that's significant and worth
> it.

Then you should hibernate instead of shutting down, stupid.

> I tested that and I do not need you or Rodless to confirm that.

Pity you're so stupid that you havent even noticed that hibernating saves
a hell of a lot MORE in the startup time than file placement ever does.

> To accomplish that I do not need to defrag 'all the time' as you put it. Just once every 3 months is fine depending on
> software installed (including service packs) during that period.

Service packs dont come out at anything like that frequency and
software installed doesnt affect the placement of OS files either.

> All apps I frequently use load faster after disk optimization.

At most by a few mS. Thats nothing in app start time, liar.

> Instead of the previous disk rattling and waiting, the disk is now quiet and the app is up in no time.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you are a pathological liar.

> For me that's a significant improvement.

Pity that hibernating instead of shutting down would save MUCH more.

> I am happy now.

Village eejuts usually are.

From: Rod Speed on
Joep wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> Joep wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> he did

>> He didnt.

> he did

He didnt.

>>> And there are also real world examples where file placement and fragmentation does have affect.

>> Not with modern Win OSs that do file placement themselves.

> Well, if I can improve whatever the modern OS does,

You cant.

> then file placement does have effect.

Nope, the mS or so saved is nothing in the time it takes to load that file.

>>> Aha, you quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist fellas ?

>> Cant even manage its own lines. Or anything else either.

> Lol! Such a simple mind, must be wonderful.

Never ever could bullshit and lie its way out of a wet paper bag.