From: Joep on
"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> schreef in bericht

>>> Easy to claim. You cant actually substantiate that claim.
>
>> No actually it isn't, just try it for yourself.
>
> Did that, you lied.

You didn't Rodless

> And it makes no sense to be doing a full reboot every day anyway.
>
> If you do want to turn the system off every day, you should hibernate, not
> shut down.

I shut it down.

From: Joep on
> Joep wrote
>> Ato_Zee <ato_zee(a)hotmail.com> wrote
>>> Joep <available(a)request.nl> wrote

>>> I have, defragging makes no discernable difference.
>
>> I do not make money with it. I am not talking defragging, I am talking
>> optimizing for quite a few posts now.
>
> You're lying now.

Oh?

>> If you didn't get that by now, you're thick.
>
> And you are a pathological liar.

Hahaha. Yes, I AM LYING!

>> It does make a noticable difference (file placement, optimization).
>
> Like hell it does. And modern MS OSs do that anyway.
>
>> Right here, on both PCs I use.
>
> Doesnt make the HUGE DIFFERENCE you lied about previously.

Well, actually it is huge.

> Even with the worst file placement, the most that does is add
> a couple of milliseconds to the head movement between files
> and that is nothing in the total boot time of a curent MS OS.

Try it and you will find you're wrong. You can continue repeating yourself,
but that doesn't change this fact that can be easily verified by anyone.

>> What you have to say for the rest, I don't care. If you defrag or not, I
>> don't care.Iif anyone else defrags or not, I don't care. I am not in a
>> server environment, I don't care if they run it on servers or not.
>
>> Waiting for the thing to boot bugs me.
>
> Then you should hibernate instead of shutting down, stupid.

He's calling names and we all know what that means

> Pity you're so stupid that you havent even noticed that hibernating saves
> a hell of a lot MORE in the startup time than file placement ever does.

Well, personal dislike, I only use it for laptop during lunchbreak, short
brakes.

>> To accomplish that I do not need to defrag 'all the time' as you put it.
>> Just once every 3 months is fine depending on software installed
>> (including service packs) during that period.
>
> Service packs dont come out at anything like that frequency and
> software installed doesnt affect the placement of OS files either.

Yeah, I meant the regular updates, sorry. No, software installed doesn't
affect OC boot, but if those are programs I frequently use, I want them
optimized as well.

>> All apps I frequently use load faster after disk optimization.
>
> At most by a few mS. Thats nothing in app start time, liar.

Well, it actually does Rod. Loading an app does may require Windows more
than just loading the app.

>> Instead of the previous disk rattling and waiting, the disk is now quiet
>> and the app is up in no time.
>
> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you are a pathological
> liar.
>
>> For me that's a significant improvement.
>
> Pity that hibernating instead of shutting down would save MUCH more.

What does hibernate do for app loading then?

>> I am happy now.
>
> Village eejuts usually are.

Even if so, that doesn't proof a thing.

From: Rod Speed on
Joep wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> No actually it isn't, just try it for yourself.

>> Did that, you lied.

> You didn't Rodless

You're lying, as always.

>> And it makes no sense to be doing a full reboot every day anyway.

>> If you do want to turn the system off every day, you should hibernate, not shut down.

> I shut it down.

Then you are a terminal fuckwit when hibernating saves a hell
of a lot more time on the startup than 'optimising' can ever do.

From: Rod Speed on
John Turco wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>>> Joep wrote

>>> I shut it down.

>> Then you are a terminal fuckwit when hibernating saves a hell
>> of a lot more time on the startup than 'optimising' can ever do.

> Hey, Rod, do you think "Joep" knows what ever happened to his
> fellow denizen of the Netherlands...the foulest of fanatics,
> Folkert Rienstra? Dat ol' Folksy ain't been around here, at
> all, throughout 2009.

He's the one that killed him off, because Fucknert
made snide remarks about his commercial activity.

> In fact, according to Google Groups </http://groups.google.com>,
> the dreadful Dutchman's final Usenet post was on September 19,
> 2008; no longer does he plague >any< newsgroup, evidently.

Yeah, the GFC saw the plug pulled on net access to his padded cell.

Heard the one about silver linings ?

> Oh, and for your information, I'm hardly wailing about his sudden disappearance.

I know you grovel in front of your Fucknert shrine, daily.

> (Good riddance to bad rubbish, as the saying goes.)

Indeed.