From: Joerg on
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:01:22 -0700, Jim Thompson
> <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 08:51:21 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>>
>>> I've seen that. But if you are a consultant and this goes into some
>>> aircraft you can't design like that. Even with an indemnification clause
>>> that can cause lots of grief should it go wrong in only one case. It's
>>> got to be by the book.

>>> All they really offer in many cases is a set of S-parameters. Since I
>>> design a lot of pulse circuitry I almost do a rain dance every time
>>> there is just a snippet of SPICE data.
>> Somewhere in my bag-o-tricks is an S-Parameter-to-Spice-Model
>> converter (and vice-versa).
>>
>> When I find it I'll post.
>>
>> ...Jim Thompson
>
> All my S-Parameter to Spice stuff has been updated on the SED page of
> my website... except a good article by Microcap... get that from their
> website, so I don't step on any copyright toes ;-)

Thanks. I assume you mean this link:

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/CreateS-ParameterSUBCKTinPSpice.pdf

Now I have to learn QuickBasic, whatever that is ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
From: Jim Thompson on
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:25:35 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Jim Thompson wrote:
>> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:01:22 -0700, Jim Thompson
>> <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote:

>>> Somewhere in my bag-o-tricks is an S-Parameter-to-Spice-Model
>>> converter (and vice-versa).
>>>
>>> When I find it I'll post.
>>>
>>> ...Jim Thompson
>>
>> All my S-Parameter to Spice stuff has been updated on the SED page of
>> my website... except a good article by Microcap... get that from their
>> website, so I don't step on any copyright toes ;-)
>>

>Thanks. I assume you mean this link:
>
>http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/CreateS-ParameterSUBCKTinPSpice.pdf
>
>Now I have to learn QuickBasic, whatever that is ;-)

There are four articles there, each beginning (in the listing),
"S-Param...", all of which are elucidating.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

From: Joerg on
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:25:35 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Jim Thompson wrote:

>>> All my S-Parameter to Spice stuff has been updated on the SED page of
>>> my website... except a good article by Microcap... get that from their
>>> website, so I don't step on any copyright toes ;-)
>>>
>> Thanks. I assume you mean this link:
>>
>> http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/CreateS-ParameterSUBCKTinPSpice.pdf
>>
>> Now I have to learn QuickBasic, whatever that is ;-)
>
> There are four articles there, each beginning (in the listing),
> "S-Param...", all of which are elucidating.

Unless I understand something wrong the first three are for extracting
S-parameters from SPICE or PROBE (Orcad's version of SPICE).

But maybe I'll read them again and some more elucidation will come :-)

From: Jim Thompson on

Most math is bilateral ;-)

...Jim Thompson

From: Joerg on
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:47:08 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Jim Thompson wrote:

>>> There are four articles there, each beginning (in the listing),
>>> "S-Param...", all of which are elucidating.
>>>
>> Unless I understand something wrong the first three are for extracting
>> S-parameters from SPICE or PROBE (Orcad's version of SPICE).
>>
>> But maybe I'll read them again and some more elucidation will come :-)
>
> Most math is bilateral ;-)

Ok, true, I was lazy here. Thought about some SW-routine where you slap
the datasheet on a scanner, press magic button, out comes SPICE
sub-circuit :-)))