From: Joerg on
Gentlemen,

Does anyone know of a source for SPICE models of ECL gates?
Unfortunately ON Semi only supplies IBIS models :-(

I know, I know, much of this will fall under trade secrets or NDAs and
can't be shared. Just wondering why some companies seem reluctant to
share this stuff. Makes no sense since providing models can only boost
sales. No, not the models some of you might think about ... :-)

Alternatively, is there a recipe about how to boil one out of an IBIS
model file?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
From: Jim Thompson on
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:09:13 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Gentlemen,
>
>Does anyone know of a source for SPICE models of ECL gates?
>Unfortunately ON Semi only supplies IBIS models :-(
>
>I know, I know, much of this will fall under trade secrets or NDAs and
>can't be shared. Just wondering why some companies seem reluctant to
>share this stuff. Makes no sense since providing models can only boost
>sales. No, not the models some of you might think about ... :-)
>
>Alternatively, is there a recipe about how to boil one out of an IBIS
>model file?

IBIS models only model the package.

I have the Spice models... I designed much of it... I can't share it
;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

From: Charlie E. on
wrote:

>Gentlemen,
>
>Does anyone know of a source for SPICE models of ECL gates?
>Unfortunately ON Semi only supplies IBIS models :-(
>
>I know, I know, much of this will fall under trade secrets or NDAs and
>can't be shared. Just wondering why some companies seem reluctant to
>share this stuff. Makes no sense since providing models can only boost
>sales. No, not the models some of you might think about ... :-)
>
>Alternatively, is there a recipe about how to boil one out of an IBIS
>model file?

Hi Jeorge,
Unfortunately, while PSpice has ECL models, they use the PSpice
digital simulation models that were propriietary to PSpice...

Charlie
From: Joerg on
Jim Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:09:13 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Gentlemen,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a source for SPICE models of ECL gates?
>> Unfortunately ON Semi only supplies IBIS models :-(
>>
>> I know, I know, much of this will fall under trade secrets or NDAs and
>> can't be shared. Just wondering why some companies seem reluctant to
>> share this stuff. Makes no sense since providing models can only boost
>> sales. No, not the models some of you might think about ... :-)
>>
>> Alternatively, is there a recipe about how to boil one out of an IBIS
>> model file?
>
> IBIS models only model the package.
>
> I have the Spice models... I designed much of it... I can't share it
> ;-)

Dang, I thought so :-(

From: Joerg on
Charlie E. wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:09:13 -0700, Joerg <invalid(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Gentlemen,
>>
>> Does anyone know of a source for SPICE models of ECL gates?
>> Unfortunately ON Semi only supplies IBIS models :-(
>>
>> I know, I know, much of this will fall under trade secrets or NDAs and
>> can't be shared. Just wondering why some companies seem reluctant to
>> share this stuff. Makes no sense since providing models can only boost
>> sales. No, not the models some of you might think about ... :-)
>>
>> Alternatively, is there a recipe about how to boil one out of an IBIS
>> model file?
>
> Hi Jeorge,
> Unfortunately, while PSpice has ECL models, they use the PSpice
> digital simulation models that were propriietary to PSpice...

I have a really old license of PSpice but AFAIK those weren't very
suitable when you wanted to "mis-use" the stuff for analog tricks.