From: Nobody on
"LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can I have permission to post part of his code?

There is no need to get someone's permission to post part of their work.
It's called "fair use" or "Fair dealing".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing#United_Kingdom

From: David Youngblood on

"LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> All of the variables are long no integer's.

Declared variable type is not the only issue. Intermediate results can also
cause an overflow.
Example,
Dim i as long
i = 200 * 200 ' overflow error

To get around that
i = 200 * 200& or
i = 200 * Clng(200)

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C2A10AB-A2C1-44E0-97E5-A683399A8CD6(a)microsoft.com...
: Hi
: I am using S McMahon's VBAccelerator MP3v1 and MP3v2 Tag Reader Writer and I
: am getting Error 6 Overflow in the section of the program of a class module
: called
: pUpdateTag and the Error handler.
: This is indicating that I am out of disk space but I am writing to an
: external disk drive

Why not contact McMahon directly? He wrote the code, seems to me he would support it. Asking someone here to download the code and debug it for you is a bit presumptuous.

I wrote my own based on the Id3 documentation. Something you might consider trying.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
LondonLad wrote:
> Hi
> All of the variables are long no integer's.
> I can only get help here if I post the code as the program is beyond my VB
> knowledge level.
> But the problem I have is the code is not mine if S McMahon reads this forum
> can I have permission to post part of his code?

Obviously, no one here can give you permission to post someone else's
work. But, I'd have to think that if you were able to isolate the
problem to just where it is, and not bring in lots of unrelated stuff,
there wouldn't be any problem at all.

First, off, nail the problem line of code. The one where the error
occurs. Then prepare to explain what each variable in that line of
code is. (If you put the cursor on them, and press Shift-F2, you'll
find their definition.)

That oughta get us going.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Dee Earley on
On 18/05/2010 21:39, Nobody wrote:
> "LondonLad"<LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> can I have permission to post part of his code?
>
> There is no need to get someone's permission to post part of their work.
> It's called "fair use" or "Fair dealing".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_dealing#United_Kingdom

Haven't we all been through this before?? :)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems