From: LondonLad on
Hi
I am using S McMahon's VBAccelerator MP3v1 and MP3v2 Tag Reader Writer and I
am getting Error 6 Overflow in the section of the program of a class module
called
pUpdateTag and the Error handler.
This is indicating that I am out of disk space but I am writing to an
external disk drive
and I have 915MB of free space. This error has only just started. Can anyone
help please

Ron
From: Phill W. on
On 18/05/2010 10:55, LondonLad wrote:

> I am using S McMahon's VBAccelerator MP3v1 and MP3v2 Tag Reader Writer and I
> am getting Error 6 Overflow in the section of the program of a class module
> called pUpdateTag and the Error handler.

Good for you. I've never [knowingly] seen that code or have the
slightest idea what it might be doing. :-)

> This is indicating that I am out of disk space
No it's not.
It's telling you that the number you're trying to store into a variable
or an intermediate value being used in a calculation is too large to fit
the data type.

99% of the time, you're doing a big calculation with Integer
fields/values. Even if you somehow squash the final result back into an
Integer, you'll get this problem if the intermediate result goes over
the 32K range of an Integer.

Dim i As Integer
i = 32767
i = i * 2 / 2 <- BOOM

HTH,
Phill W.
From: Jeff Johnson on
"LondonLad" <LondonLad(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I am using S McMahon's VBAccelerator MP3v1 and MP3v2 Tag Reader Writer and
> am getting Error 6 Overflow in the section of the program of a class
> module
> called
> pUpdateTag and the Error handler.
> This is indicating that I am out of disk space but I am writing to an
> external disk drive

No, that would be 61 - Disk Full.

From: LondonLad on
Hi
All of the variables are long no integer's.
I can only get help here if I post the code as the program is beyond my VB
knowledge level.
But the problem I have is the code is not mine if S McMahon reads this forum
can I have permission to post part of his code?

Ron

From: Jeff Johnson on

> All of the variables are long no integer's.
> I can only get help here if I post the code as the program is beyond my VB
> knowledge level.
> But the problem I have is the code is not mine if S McMahon reads this
> forum
> can I have permission to post part of his code?

A) If it's public on his Web site I don't see what the problem is.

B) Even if he does have a problem, how's he going to find you...?