From: Rod Speed on
John Tserkezis wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> annily wrote
>>> Rod Speed wrote

>>> So I'm supposed to understand the thinking of everyone
>>> who posts on this group without asking them questions?

>> Nope.

>>> The lack of that skill is certainly not a problem for me.

>> Its clearly not a problem for anyone else.

> I know you are but what am I?

> I'm sorry, I'll go now, and check the state of my toilet seat. Again.

Wont do any good. Those fellas in the green van with the funky canvas jacket
with the very long sleeves are just pulling up outside your place. Again.

From: John Tserkezis on
On 16/03/2010 7:29 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
> John Tserkezis wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> annily wrote

>>> Nope.

>>> Its clearly not a problem for anyone else.
>
>> I know you are but what am I?
>
>> I'm sorry, I'll go now, and check the state of my toilet seat. Again.
>
> Wont do any good. Those fellas in the green van with the funky canvas jacket
> with the very long sleeves are just pulling up outside your place. Again.

And again, they were NOT wearing canvas jackets.
Ok, they were, but their van was NOT green. I'm pretty sure of that.
From: John Tserkezis on
On 16/03/2010 6:43 PM, annily wrote:

>> Likewise, with numlock. Every person has a preference. Valid even.
>> And like the toilet seat, you can't "just" set it one way, windows has
>> to get in the way and fiddle, and where ever it fiddles with it, it's
>> never the way you want it.

> Didn't you say that Windows remembers it's last state? So if you turn it
> off, it stays off? So don't you just have to turn it off once?

Oh never mind, you don't get it. You apparently don't live in real life.
From: annily on
John Tserkezis wrote:
> On 16/03/2010 6:43 PM, annily wrote:
>
>>> Likewise, with numlock. Every person has a preference. Valid even.
>>> And like the toilet seat, you can't "just" set it one way, windows has
>>> to get in the way and fiddle, and where ever it fiddles with it, it's
>>> never the way you want it.
>
>> Didn't you say that Windows remembers it's last state? So if you turn it
>> off, it stays off? So don't you just have to turn it off once?
>
> Oh never mind, you don't get it. You apparently don't live in real life.

Correct. I don't get it, because you haven't explained it very well, but
my life is as "real" as anyone else's.

You apparently want Num Lock off all the time, so you turn it off, then
disable the key so you can't turn it on again (this can be done with a
registry hack), and Windows remembers the "off" state.

What's wrong with that as a solution to your problem? Or have I made
some wrong assumptions?

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.