First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Software for plotting in Fortranxx?
Hello Group, I'd like to make some basic 2-D graphics -- like what I used to make using a CalComp plotter. I'm looking for something more than making x,y graphs -- i.e., to take control of the virtual 'pen' and draw arbitrary lines, labels, etc. Plotting to the screen would be okay, but making printable graphi... 15 Sep 2009 11:14
Overload assignment operator for an user defined type array with ?vector scripts
Richard Maine <nospam(a)see.signature> wrote: < Hifi-Comp <wenbinyu.heaven(a)gmail.com> wrote: <> Relevant to this argument, how the complex number and its arithemetic <> is implemented in Fortran, is it an overload from real numbers? < No (at least if I have parsed the question correctly, which I'm not < entire... 13 Sep 2009 03:06
fast and accurate in mixed mode operations
In mixed mode operations, is it advisable to convert integers to double using the command dble() in the expressions or would it be better for the compiler to do this job? I am asking this NOT from the point of view of understanding the program easily, but in terms of speed and accuracy. ie real*8 :: x integer :: ... 12 Oct 2009 18:35
a simple overflow example
I wanted to work up a facility to deal with floating point exceptions in fortran. P. 557 of the _Handbook_ has the following source. Gfortran does not have the modules used. G95 seems to, but I can't understand the errors I'm getting without thinking that they might not be complete: C:\MinGW\source>g95 float1.... 8 Sep 2009 22:37
Fortran sleep function ???
Ron Shepard wrote: Is there a portable way to waste 30 milliseconds? I know of no standard way in fortran to pause a program for a specified time. A nonstandard way might be something like call system( 'sleep 10' ) to pause for 10 seconds, for example; this does not work for fractio... 21 Dec 2008 20:18
WatFor77 -- Re: Command-line argument capture
>for use with WATFOR77. Since we are not in a position to test the described implementation, A version of WATFOR77 for MS-DOS used to be available (I think it still is) for download. I think I got a copy by way of OpenWatcom, but it was a while back and I am not sure: 03/27/2002 09:53 PM 161,0... 19 Dec 2008 08:23
compiler bug?
Dear group, I get an error when compiling the attached code with the NAG compiler. My impression is that this is a compiler bug... but I am maybe missing something. Am I right? Thank you! Marco nagf95 -c test_maxloc.f90 test_maxloc.f90: In function ‘mod_l_MP_pv’: test_maxloc.f90:15: error: invalid ope... 18 Dec 2008 16:06
The Fortran 2003 Handbook
Page 142 8th line, appears to be a spurious/redundant "a" or "some" present in the sentence. Page 576 last itemized list item (#3). I'm assuming that it is only referring to use of pointer arithmetic on the arguments themselves (not quite sure why you might do that), not to prohibit use of pointer arithmeti... 1 Dec 2008 20:31
fortran 90/95 BNF grammar
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a Fortran 90 or 95 BNF grammar that is in some "parseable" format? (that is, something other than a PDF or descriptive text, but an actual grammar for feeding into parser generators, etc.) Thanks! Rocky ... 21 Nov 2008 09:51
How to compile Mopac 7.1 using g77 or gfortran
Hi there, I am new to fortran, and I hope to know how to compile the Mopac 7.1 obtained from: http://openmopac.net/Downloads/Mopac_7.1source.zip It seems that the code is in F90 free format. I hope to use g77 or gfortran under Linux platform. Any suggestion about how to compile it or about how to write a M... 13 Oct 2008 10:28
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last