From: John McWilliams on
DanP wrote:
> On May 29, 10:33 am, hummingbird <hummingb...(a)1.0.0.127> wrote:
>> I want software to digitally manipulate my photos so I can turn the
>> subjects around. If they have their back to me, I want to see their
>> faces.
>>
>> Preferably freeware.
>>
>> hb
>
> Stick around and be our new resident troll.
>

> DanP

Or don't x-post.

alt.photography out.

--
lsmft
From: George Kerby on

On 5/29/10 4:58 AM, in article MPG.266af5b5d810181698977f(a)news.astraweb.com,
"hummingbird" <hummingbird(a)1.0.0.127> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 04:46:49 -0500, J. Caldwell wrote :
>> On Sat, 29 May 2010 10:33:10 +0100, hummingbird <hummingbird(a)1.0.0.127>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I want software to digitally manipulate my photos so I can turn
>>> the subjects around. If they have their back to me, I want to
>>> see their faces.
>>>
>>> Preferably freeware.
>>>
>>> hb
>>
>> Troll.
>>
>> But this has been known to happen once at a film stand. It's a
>> long known story about an irate lady who was all upset when
>> they printed her photos flipped horizontally, after she had
>> asked them to print them for her "turned around". They had no
>> idea why she was now upset. Apparently she meant what this
>> troll doofus means. When they explained to her that they
>> couldn't do that, she got even more irate. There was something
>> in the story about her blaming her camera too and wanted a
>> more expensive camera so things like that wouldn't happen.
>> That sounds just like all those that buy DSLRs today, it must
>> be the camera's fault.
>>

> I have a Canon DSLR but there is nothing in the instruction manual
> about this so there's not much point looking for a solution in that
> direction.

Ask John NavAss. His little P&S does everything else...

From: George Kerby on

On 5/29/10 9:00 AM, in article
cb671848-12d8-4fba-a55d-b8f591d2d1cb(a)k31g2000vbu.googlegroups.com, "DanP"
<dan.petre(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> On May 29, 10:33�am, hummingbird <hummingb...(a)1.0.0.127> wrote:
>> I want software to digitally manipulate my photos so I can turn the
>> subjects around. If they have their back to me, I want to see their
>> faces.
>>
>> Preferably freeware.
>>
>> hb
>
> Stick around and be our new resident troll.
>

> DanP
At least this one has an imagination. The other is a bore.

From: clw on
In article <MPG.266af1ea83b2f02698977d(a)news.astraweb.com>,
hummingbird <hummingbird(a)1.0.0.127> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 02:36:32 -0700, Bob Williams wrote :
> > hummingbird wrote:
> > > I want software to digitally manipulate my photos so I can turn
> > > the subjects around. If they have their back to me, I want to
> > > see their faces.
> > >
> > > Preferably freeware.
> > >
> > > hb
> > Surely you jest!
> > Bob Williams
> >

> Are you old school? Nowadays we have got features on cameras like face
> recognition. You can do all sorts of things you couldn't do in the
> past.

If the features are not on the film or sensor, just how the hell do you
expect any software to imagine what the person looks like and then paste
it onto the back of their head?

> I've got some crowd shots I took on holiday but they're not all facing
> me and I want to see all the faces.

Then quick run around to the other side of the crowd and take another
picture.

> Maybe someone else will know of some software.

Check with the church.
From: Allen on
hummingbird wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:09:37 -0700, clw wrote :
>> In article <MPG.266af1ea83b2f02698977d(a)news.astraweb.com>,
>> hummingbird <hummingbird(a)1.0.0.127> wrote:

>>> Are you old school? Nowadays we have got features on cameras
>>> like face recognition. You can do all sorts of things you couldn't
>>> do in the past.
>> If the features are not on the film or sensor, just how the hell
>> do you expect any software to imagine what the person looks like
>> and then paste it onto the back of their head?
>
> Haven't you ever heard of extrapolation? Haven't you ever heard of face
> recognition? You can do things now which you couldn't do in the past.
That IS NOT one of those things. Please explain to us how that data is
going to get into the image file. And I'm afraid that you are going to
have to settle for back-of-head recognition. And it looks like we're
going to have to put up with you until Middle School starts again in
September. Oh, wait--I've got a better idea--plonk.
Allen