From: DanP on
On May 29, 6:11 pm, Allen <all...(a)austin.rr.com> wrote:
> hummingbird wrote:

> That IS NOT one of those things. Please explain to us how that data is
> going to get into the image file. And I'm afraid that you are going to
> have to settle for back-of-head recognition. And it looks like we're
> going to have to put up with you until Middle School starts again in
> September. Oh, wait--I've got a better idea--plonk.
> Allen

I have a feeling he will reply to you after being plonked.

DanP
From: Geoff. Hayward on

"hummingbird" <hummingbird(a)1.0.0.127> wrote in message
On Sat, 29 May 2010 09:33:01 -0400, Gandalf wrote :
> On 5/29/2010 7:34 AM, dadiOH wrote:
> > hummingbird wrote:
> >> I want software to digitally manipulate my photos so I can turn the
> >> subjects around. If they have their back to me, I want to see their
> >> faces.
> >>
> >> Preferably freeware.

Well done hb, you've got them all going.

From: DanP on
On May 29, 7:03 pm, "Geoff. Hayward" <m...(a)privacy.net> wrote:
> "hummingbird" <hummingb...(a)1.0.0.127> wrote in message

> Well done hb, you've got them all going.

The lowest bidder wins the job.

DanP
From: Tim Conway on

"Bear Bottoms" <bearbottoms1(a)gmai.com> wrote in message
> hummingbird <hummingbird(a)1.0.0.127> wrote in
>
>> I want software to digitally manipulate my photos so I can turn the
>> subjects around. If they have their back to me, I want to see their
>> faces.
>>
>> Preferably freeware.
>
> Hummer don't listen to the naysayers. NASA's VP-8 Image Analyzer was used
> reconstruct the face on the Turin Shroud and is now being used by Google
> as
> part of their Earthhour project to enhance the parts of their streetview
> images not visible to the camera.
>
> "A normal photograph does not result in a properly formed dimensional
> image
> but an inferometer combined with aldebo techniques can be used to make
> image
> inferences. Significant progress in image segmentation has been made by
> viewing the problem in the framework of graph partitioning. In particular,
> clustering methods such as "normalized cuts" (ncuts) can efficiently
> calculate good segmentations using eigenvector calculations."
>
> http://www.shroud.com/papers.htm

sounds like ghost photography

From: George Kerby on

On 5/29/10 10:45 AM, in article
MPG.266b46f96e15fb8b989783(a)news.astraweb.com, "hummingbird"
<hummingbird(a)1.0.0.127> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:09:37 -0700, clw wrote :
>> In article <MPG.266af1ea83b2f02698977d(a)news.astraweb.com>,
>> hummingbird <hummingbird(a)1.0.0.127> wrote:

>>> Are you old school? Nowadays we have got features on cameras
>>> like face recognition. You can do all sorts of things you couldn't
>>> do in the past.
>>
>> If the features are not on the film or sensor, just how the hell
>> do you expect any software to imagine what the person looks like
>> and then paste it onto the back of their head?
>
> Haven't you ever heard of extrapolation? Haven't you ever heard of face
> recognition? You can do things now which you couldn't do in the past.
>
>>> I've got some crowd shots I took on holiday but they're not all
>>> facing me and I want to see all the faces.
>>
>> Then quick run around to the other side of the crowd and take
>> another picture.
>
> I made a simple request. If you don't have a sensible suggestion then
> there's no need to reply.

$B!F(BMiss, can you tell which is the white Goose?$B!G!E!F(BThey say, a Fool will ask
more Questions than the wisest body can answer.$B!G(B

[1738 Swift Polite Conversation ii. 156]