First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56
importing Microsoft equations into openoffice.org
I've been sent a .docx document which openoffice 3.1 can open but the equations, produced by the Equation Editor, are replaced by icons. Am I missing a module or plugin or font? Bob T. ... 20 Jan 2010 16:17
StatMax - Statistical Software
StatMax Component, containing over 70 computational tools, is an ActiveX in process server (DLL) or DCOM component which can be used by any OLE auto mation client or other COM component, including a VB application, a Word document or Excel spreadsheet using VBScript, or any other application or component written in... 20 Jan 2010 21:55
photo display engine for Linux: alternatives to picassa flickr etc.
Rather than use Picassa, Flickr etc. if I were to host my own photos is there any Open Source photo-gallery engine for Linux? I already have MediaWiki but it seems to not have a good phot display engine. Maybe a MediaWiki plugin will do but I haven't found a good one yet. By photo display engine I mean somethi... 22 Jan 2010 15:12
Can ext3 filesystem corrupt due to power failure
Hi, Can a ext3 filesystem corrupt due to power failure? ... 20 Jan 2010 15:09
NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 19 January 2010 Perl Seminar NY: Kristina Chodorow on MongoDB
High Quality OCR for Linux
Good news: ABBYY launches new FineReader CLI for Linux that provides end-users and developers with high quality optical character recognition (OCR). FineReader CLI is the full-featured OCR application developed for Linux in command line interface by a leading technology provider. It delivers to Linux users ABBYY... 19 Jan 2010 03:34
? Recommend PC for learning RHEL ?
Hey. I'm a generally experience Unix/Solaris sysadmin; I've been messing w/ Linux off & on for a few years and I took a 4-day RHEL admin course about 2 years ago at a time when I couldn't do anything with it outside the class (long story). Right now, I'm looking for a good & inexpensive system to purchase for ... 17 Jan 2010 17:17
difference between striping using mdadm and LVM
I find that I could in theory get a performance boost either by using a RAID5 via mdadm or by striping via LVM. Let's assume redundancy is not a concern merely performance boosting. What's the difference in these two approaches and is one better than the other? -- Rahul ... 24 Jan 2010 18:04
Variable I/O Performance with dd vs. cat
I had to zero some disk partitions yesterday. I used this command: # dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdb5 & # P=$! Then I checked its progress periodically, # kill -USR1 $P The progress checks showed significantly variable output speed, from 6 to 80 MB/s. I retested the same problem with a similar command, # ... 19 Jan 2010 19:11
Software reset of ps2/usb adapter?
I need software to reset a ps2 mouse+kb to usb adapter. The hardware always works perfectly at the grub menu, but kb frequently is non-responsive at session login until I unplug/replug kb ps2 or usb port. This is the case when booting linux, win2k, or ms-dos and no improvement by swapping kb or computer: it's... 15 Jan 2010 20:32