First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Do you think I have a case against Microsoft?
For taking years off my life since its normal to light at least one, if not two, cigarettes whilst waiting for ANY program associated with windows to load., Its half a pack to boot the bloody OS. Answers, on a postcard, to 'The Great Microsoft, Legal Health Risk Trust, Portland, Oregon' ... 26 Jan 2010 00:02
Making USB device behave like serial device
I am using the IR tower that comes with archiach Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention System 2.0 (very old yeah, but I have to use it for a course). Let me first tell you about it. It uses and IR tower to communicate with the microcontroller to transer the compiled program. The microcontroller is based on Hitachi ... 24 Jan 2010 14:41
NYC LOCAL: Sunday 24 January 2010 Wikipedia Day NYC
installing new debian kernel
Hi, I used to build and install new kernels this way: - download, unpack in /usr/src/linux... - make menuconfig - make - make modules_install Well, after this step it always gets confusing. I know that some files have to be copied to /boot. Some do it manually, some use some tools. Additionally, there may... 24 Jan 2010 04:37
Cannot hear sound on my fc10 box
Hi , Recently installed FC10. I cannot hear music on it. Tried to play .wav format using aplay. It plays fine without any error. But can't hear a thing on my headphones. Following are my settings related to alsa, [root(a)localhost Download]# ls /dev/dsp -l crw-rw----+ 1 root root 14, 3 2010-01-23 00:10 /dev/dsp... 23 Jan 2010 22:08
Okular plugin for epub
On Slack 13: okular won't recognize or read epub documents. An internet site suggested this command: kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental This runs but generates many error messages about missing semicolons and okular still won't recognize or display epub files. Any suggestions? John Culleton ... 22 Jan 2010 11:46
okular as epub reader
allegedly okular will display epub documents. But it won't on my Slack 13 system. It is looking for a plugin. I don't know how to get that plugin and I don't know how to install it. The help is no help. All answers appreciated. John Culleton ... 22 Jan 2010 10:37
seeking music notation editor with insert/delete
Is there a current music notation editor for Linux that handles insertion and deletion of notes/rests in the middle of a sequence? When NoteEdit was still alive, it allowed inserting and deleting notes and rests in the middle of sequences. The later notes and rests would automagically shift themselves over meas... 23 Jan 2010 02:17
New version of X windows XIX game for unix
This game is an X windows version of the old 1980s QIX game. C++ source code is available from: http://www.ogham.demon.co.uk/zips/xix121.tgz It was developed on Linux but has also been compiled tested on FreeBSD, MacOS/X and OSF/1 (using gcc). It only requires standard Xlib so you won't need to hunt aroun... 25 Jan 2010 06:07
photo display engine for Linux: alternatives to picassa flickretc.
On 2010-01-19, Rahul wrote: Rather than use Picassa, Flickr etc. if I were to host my own photos is there any Open Source photo-gallery engine for Linux? I already have MediaWiki but it seems to not have a good phot display engine. Maybe a MediaWiki plugin will do but I haven't found a good one yet. ... 22 Jan 2010 14:04