First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
mkfs : options -T and -stride
Hi everybody, I'm building a RAID array (with mdadm) that will contain few thousands of big files (some MB to some GB). For the filesystem (ext4), I'm going to use -stride and -stripe-width (for the RAID), and "-T largefile" to optimize the space. But: if I got it right, stride = chunk size / block size (e.g.:... 27 Nov 2009 01:13
tool to extract media from binary blobs?
PDFs, SWFs, ROM images, non-standard container formats. I'd like some tool that can scan those for well-formed (continuous) bits of media. The strings(1) command can do that for finding text although it's not as intelligent as I'd like it to be. (Why do wide characters only get found with a special command line a... 21 Nov 2009 20:20
Cannot obtain IP using udhcpc for wifi connection..
I am having a Linksys router with WEP encryption enabled. When I try to connect to it using wpa_supplicant using following options, I establish a successful connection. wpa_supplicant -iath0 -cwpa_supplicant.conf -B and I get following output, root(a)hmp10:~# channel hint set to 2462 Connect called with authm... 19 Nov 2009 08:19
My perl script to run arbitrary tasks in parallel
#!/usr/bin/perl # # This script reads its standard input, or from files given on # command line (<>). # # It executes every line as a separate shell command. If --parallel # argument is given, it executes as many jobs in parallel, as # possible, but no more tham "--parallel" at any given time. # # This can b... 17 Nov 2009 23:05
How do I produce phonic letter sounds with espeak?
How do I get espeak to produce the phonic sounds of letters, rather than the names of the letters? If I type: espeak 'a, b, c, d, e, f, g' This gives "ay bee see dee ee eff jee" I am writing some educational software and I need to be able to produce the short sounds. Mark. -- Mark Hobley Linux U... 22 Nov 2009 10:29
Latest Canon Digital Cameras Chennai | Best Compact Digital Camera | Canon Powershot Digital Cameras
Latest Canon Digital Cameras Chennai | Best Compact Digital Camera | Canon Powershot Digital Cameras Latest Canon Digital Cameras Chennai - Smart Shoppers - provides best digital cameras, best buy digital cameras, cannon digital camera, cannon digital cameras at reasonable price. For More Details: http://www.... 10 Nov 2009 06:57
Gmplayer and black/invisible skins
Hello. I have a problem with gmplayer. It's skin is always displayed in black--regardless of what skin I choose. How can I get gmplayer back looking right again? This is the software I'm using: Debian 5.0 (Lenny) Kernel 2.6.26 i486 mplayer 1.0rc2-4.3.2-DFSG-free Blue skin Industrial skin Plastik skin I'm... 5 Nov 2009 02:17
CentOS lacking sound after yum updates
In the past week I've had a couple substantial yum updates on my CentOS 5.3 machine. Now I have no sound, and would appreciate some help with diagnosing the problem, please. Prior to these updates the sound was working well. On the Gnome desktop, the sound icon is pointed to, and the tool-tip reports "PCM: 8... 3 Nov 2009 15:58
ghostscript ps to pcl and codepage
Hello! I have a problem with codepage in ghostscript: ghostscript -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=laserjet -dNOPLATFONTS -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -sOutputFile=test2.prn test.ps file create success but i dont have on printing polish letters codepage - ISO-8859-2 how force ghostscript to use my code page? Regards - MJ ... 3 Nov 2009 12:37
Semdmail's -f switch
Hi I need to use sendmail's -f switch in the wrapper at the end of this message. Where / how do I put it? -f <address> This option sets the address of the envelope sender of a locally-generated message (also known as the return path). The option can normally be use... 5 Nov 2009 17:51