From: Here In Oregon on
For all of you that gave me assistance on the best way to hook up an HTPC to
my new HDTV,...thanks. Bob Donald, Glennbo, etc. Also I learned that it is
an absolute must to use an HDMI cable from your cable box to your HDTV even
though your cable box is connected with Coaxial going in.

Nothing like flying planes and helicopters while dog fighting real people on
the internet with a 50 inch Plasma.

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning" Duvall, Robert

HIO
--
Proverbs Ch.18 Vs.17 Any story sounds true until someone sets the record
straight.

From: kitekrazy on
On 2/27/2010 2:32 PM, Here In Oregon wrote:
> For all of you that gave me assistance on the best way to hook up an
> HTPC to my new HDTV,...thanks. Bob Donald, Glennbo, etc. Also I learned
> that it is an absolute must to use an HDMI cable from your cable box to
> your HDTV even though your cable box is connected with Coaxial going in.
>
> Nothing like flying planes and helicopters while dog fighting real
> people on the internet with a 50 inch Plasma.
>
> "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" Duvall, Robert
>
> HIO

I use VGA since my HDTV will turn on/off with the HTPC.
From: Bob Donald on
Hiya HIO

Well, glad to hear that you got it working! I wish my tv didnt have such
crappy resolution, I would love to play games on it. For tv recording and
streaming music and video though, it's great, but everything is blurry in
everything else, no matter what video card I've used. Yeah, the hdmi makes
quite a difference with the cable box, unless you have QAM tuners on the pc,
which I believe Glennbo is using into his HTPC. Now you gotta get SageTV <I
converted over to the darkside from Beyond TV earlier this year> and have
some real fun!

From: Sue Morton on
I knew if I worked on ya long enough Bob, you'd see the light :-) G'Bo's
quite happy with his BTV... for now. But one day...

(...I want my... ...I want my... ...I want my B-T-V...) This is an audio
group after all. Just trying to stay on topic.
--
Sue Morton

"Bob Donald" <bdonald(a)panova.com> wrote in message
> Hiya HIO
<...>

From: Bob Donald on
Well, I did the six degree's of seperation rules before replying to this
one. I'm running sagetv --> which placeshifter connects to ---> which is
running on my DAW ---> which has Sonar installed (but never gets loaded)
LOL

"Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
>I knew if I worked on ya long enough Bob, you'd see the light :-) G'Bo's
>quite happy with his BTV... for now. But one day...
>
> (...I want my... ...I want my... ...I want my B-T-V...) This is an audio
> group after all. Just trying to stay on topic.
> --
> Sue Morton
>
> "Bob Donald" <bdonald(a)panova.com> wrote in message
>> Hiya HIO
> <...>
>> Now you gotta get SageTV <I converted over to the darkside from Beyond TV
>> earlier this year> and have some real fun!
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: DAW, UAD, MOBO, Etc.
Next: Ping Neil Rutman