From: Robert Comer on
Bummer. I've heard of good results with 2 NIC's, one dedicated to VM's.
(not sure about this one either.)

Have you tried a normal RDP session? I think that would be another thing to
try and I'll do that.

What I've been doing is copying the file to an external PC or server and
then to the host/guest. (I really don't need to copy things between them
all that much, so it's workable)

--
Bob Comer

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Robert Comer wrote:
> Bummer. I've heard of good results with 2 NIC's, one dedicated to VM's. (not
> sure about this one either.)

Don't want to go there just so someone can run a 16-bit app written 30
years ago! <g>

> Have you tried a normal RDP session? I think that would be another thing to
> try and I'll do that.

RDP from host to guest, or vice-versa? Never even considered it.
What's the file transfer mechanism? (I ususally use mstsc, which means
ftp of course. Maybe you're thinking something like UltraVNC with a
built-in mechanism?)

> What I've been doing is copying the file to an external PC or server and then
> to the host/guest. (I really don't need to copy things between them all that
> much, so it's workable)

LOL! That just might be the simplest answer! Sling it over to a
server. Oh my, IT will love this new and practical form of abuse. <eg>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Robert Comer on
> RDP from host to guest, or vice-versa?

Host to guest.

>Never even considered it. What's the file transfer mechanism? (I ususally
>use mstsc, which means ftp of course. Maybe you're thinking something like
>UltraVNC with a built-in mechanism?)

Just another path, the built in display is based on mstsc, but it's not
identical, so if the bug is in the custom version, then normal mstsc might
work. I'm not really betting on it though. normal mstsc has drive sharing
abilities too...

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Robert Comer wrote:
>> RDP from host to guest, or vice-versa?
>
> Host to guest.
>
>>Never even considered it. What's the file transfer mechanism? (I ususally
>> use mstsc, which means ftp of course. Maybe you're thinking something like
>> UltraVNC with a built-in mechanism?)
>
> Just another path, the built in display is based on mstsc, but it's not
> identical, so if the bug is in the custom version, then normal mstsc might
> work. I'm not really betting on it though. normal mstsc has drive sharing
> abilities too...

Riiiiight! I dunno why, but I always forget mstsc can share drives
too! I tend to uncheck that, and just share the clipboard. Worth a
try, yeah.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Bo Berglund on
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 16:19:26 -0500, "Robert Comer"
<bobcomer-removeme-(a)mindspring.com> wrote:

>> RDP from host to guest, or vice-versa?
>
>Host to guest.
>
>>Never even considered it. What's the file transfer mechanism? (I ususally
>>use mstsc, which means ftp of course. Maybe you're thinking something like
>>UltraVNC with a built-in mechanism?)
>
>Just another path, the built in display is based on mstsc, but it's not
>identical, so if the bug is in the custom version, then normal mstsc might
>work. I'm not really betting on it though. normal mstsc has drive sharing
>abilities too...

How do you share a drive in an RDP session?
I never ever saw that....

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)