From: Steve Jain [MVP] on
On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:54:16 -0500, "Robert Comer"
<bobcomer-removeme-(a)mindspring.com> wrote:

>> There is no tab, just a single window titled <computer name> - Remote
>> Desktop and containing the desktop of the remote computer....
>> Everything I do there pertains to the remote PC.
>> ?????
>
>Not there, when you set up a connection, it's on that dialog. You have to
>set it up before the connection is made.

also, its not in the "remote desktops" server add-in, only the client
"remote desktop connection"

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
From: Bo Berglund on
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:16:04 -0800, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:26:34 -0500, "Robert Comer"
>> <bobcomer-removeme-(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Local resources tab -> local devices and resources -> More button, then it's
>>> self explanatory. I don't know what version that came in on, so it might
>>> not be there if you have something old, but I've been using it a long time.
>>
>> There is no tab, just a single window titled <computer name> - Remote
>> Desktop and containing the desktop of the remote computer....
>> Everything I do there pertains to the remote PC.
>> ?????
>
>Start - Run - mstsc
>
>Hit the "Options" button. That should expand into a fully tabbed
>dialog with lots of options.

I already have all of my RDP connections as shortcuts on my desktop.
Start one and it goes all the way to a logged in session, so I never
see the console except in the rare cases where I set up another RDP
shortcut to a new computer...
Explains why I have no memory of a settings dialogue.

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)
From: Robert Comer on
If you RMB click on it there's an Edit menu item... <g>

--
Bob Comer

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Start - Run - mstsc
>>
>> Hit the "Options" button. That should expand into a fully tabbed
>> dialog with lots of options.
>
> I already have all of my RDP connections as shortcuts on my desktop.

Yeah, I have a folder full of them, myself.

> Start one and it goes all the way to a logged in session, so I never
> see the console except in the rare cases where I set up another RDP
> shortcut to a new computer...
> Explains why I have no memory of a settings dialogue.

Right. I'd forgotten about that setting as well. Just right-click on
one, and choose Edit.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org