From: WWalker on
Rune,

Your arguments do not apply. First of all the fields in the nearfield are
not plane waves and secondly, the superluminal effect is observed when the
antennas are pointed directly at each other (phi=0).

William

From: WWalker on

Rune,

Critisisms about where the research was done are irrelevant to the
discussion and pointless. Lets discuss the ideas. They are the only thing
that matter in this discussion.

William

From: Rune Allnor on
On 23 Mar, 11:53, "WWalker" <william.walker(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.imtek.de>
wrote:
> Rune,
>
> Critisisms about where the research was done are irrelevant to the
> discussion and pointless.

It is relevant in two respects:

- Once you claim affiliations with an institution, you
also claim to represent the institution.
- You as student is subjected to the standards of the
institution where you do your work. What you have
presented in this thread is totally consistent with
the standards of NTNU.

> Lets discuss the ideas. They are the only thing
> that matter in this discussion.

There are no ideas. Only misconceptions at a level
where you ought not to have been admitted to a technical
university at all (except, of course, for NTNU) and
sloppy investigations where you consistently and, for
all I know, deliberately disregard the actual explanations
of what you observe.

Rune
From: WWalker on
Rune,

No one is interested in your emotional rantings. If you have something
intelligent to say about the system in discussion then lets talk. But
support your ideas with logic. I have given you logical arguments
supporting the superluminal conclusion, which ones can you prove are wrong.
If you can't then be quiet. Emotional rantings only make you look foolish.

William

From: Rune Allnor on
On 23 Mar, 13:40, "WWalker" <william.walker(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.imtek.de>
wrote:
> Rune,
>
> No one is interested in your emotional rantings. If you have something
> intelligent to say about the system in discussion then lets talk. But
> support your ideas with logic. I have given you logical arguments
> supporting the superluminal conclusion, which ones can you prove are wrong.

What you have showed in this thread, is that you

1) Consistently fail to use the simplest terminology
wrt to wave propagation
2) Do not have the faintest clue about data analysis
3) Do not know or understand the implications of
the speed of light as an absolute limit in physics
4) Do not know or understand the basics of dipole
antennae
5) Do not know or understand how to set up a simulation
6) Do not know or understand how to analyze the data
from said simulation
7) Do not know or undesrtand how to criticise the results
of said simulation
8) Do not know or understand the basics of information
theory

....and those are just the ones I remember off the top
of my head.

As for fools and proofs - well, it's more than a century since
Einstein presented his relativity theory, where the speed of
light is established as a fundamental limit in physics. When I
say that you ought not to have been admitted as a student
to a technical university, it's because anyone who passes a
high-school level class in physics should know this, and
at least stop and think through their own ideas and arguments
once one starts talking about exceeding the speed of light.

You have failed blatantly on that point. So if anyone her is
a fool, it would be you.

Apart from that, it is up to the person that makes the
extraordinary claim to argue in his own support. *If* you
were to be right, it would mean that anything and everything
that is based on Einstein's relativity theory - nuclear
weapons and powerplants, cosmogology, the stuff they do at
CERN - would turn out to be wrong.

By all means - it's up to you to make that claim. Just be
prepared to be asked thay *you* prove that your are right.
It would take a lot more than a mere simulation you don't
know how to do, of stuff you don't know, to convince anyone
outside NTNU.

Rune