From: steveu on
>Rune,
>
>No one is interested in your emotional rantings. If you have something
>intelligent to say about the system in discussion then lets talk. But
>support your ideas with logic. I have given you logical arguments
>supporting the superluminal conclusion, which ones can you prove are
wrong.
>If you can't then be quiet. Emotional rantings only make you look
foolish.

You are the one looking foolish up to now. If you want to claim you have
perpetual motion, you need an *exceedingly* powerful argument before anyone
will stop laughing. If you want to claim you have infinite gain bandwidth
product you need an *exceedingly* powerful argument before anyone will stop
laughing. If you want to claim you can carry information faster than light
you need to a) prove that people like Shannon and others were wrong, and
that information and energy are not interchangeable terms, or b) that you
have found a way to carry energy faster than light. So far, all you've done
it describe a variety of things that look like the phantom fast moving
phase effects we all meet quite regularly. When amplitude or phase
manipulation is really carrying information, its because those things are
directly related to real energy manipulation.

Steve

From: WWalker on
You still have not come up with any intelligent comments refuting my
arguments. Your resort to insults does not help.

From: Rune Allnor on
On 23 Mar, 16:42, "WWalker" <william.walker(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.imtek.de>
wrote:
> You still have not come up with any intelligent comments refuting my
> arguments.

There is avery good reasons for that: You have presented
no arguments to refute.

> Your resort to insults does not help.

What insults? I have only listed the factual errors,
blunders and misconceptions you have displayed througout
this thread.

The person(s) you *really* want to chat with are

1) The guy you see in the mirror each morning
2) Whoever might have led you down this path
in the first place
3) Whoever you might have encountered in your
work, who did *not* point out the obvious
to you, as I have done over the last couple
of days.

The facts remain: You don't have the faintest clue
what you are doing, at any level.

Rune
From: WWalker on
Steve,

The only thing one has to do to prove that information can be propagated
faster than light, is to simply demonstate it. The simulation below clearly
denonstrates that this is possible. Check it for yourself. Simply copy and
paste it into Mathematica.

The simulation generates a random modulated 100ns span signal by adding a
50MHz,1V Peak Cosine to a 22.7MHz, 1.7V peak Cosine. Then the Modulation is
multiplied with 500MHz, 1V peak Cosine carrier. The reference envelope is
extracted by dividing by the carrier.

The AM signal is then run through the transfer function of a light speed
propagating system [e^(iwr/c)] by adding phase terms (wr/c) to each
harmonic of the signal, where i is the complex number, w is the radial
frequency, r is the distance of field propagation (r=20cm). The envelope of
this light propagated signal is then determined by dividing by a phase
shifted (wr/c) carrier.

The AM signal is then run through the Magnetic field component transfer
function of an electric dipole antenna with the known transfer function:
[e^(iwr/c)[-kr-i]] by adding phase terms
(wr/c-ArcCos[(-wr/c)/Sqrt[1+(wr/c)^2]]) to each harmonic of the signal. The
envelope of this dipole propagated signal is determined by dividing by a
phase shifted (wr/c-ArcCos[(-wr/c)/Sqrt[1+(wr/c)^2]]) carrier. Plots are
shown for all three signals with their extracted envelopes which align
perfectly with their signal.

Finally the envelopes are plotted and a zoom of the plot clearly shows that
the information (modulation envelope) arrives earlier than a light speed
propagated signal.

William

---------Begin Mathematica code (checked on ver 5.2 and ver7)---------

Signal
Sig = (A1*Cos[wm1 t] + A2*Cos[wm2 t] + 3) 2 Cos[wc t]
TrigReduce[Sig]
Carrier = Cos[wc t];
wc = 2 \[Pi] fc; wm1 = 2 \[Pi] fm1; wm2 = 2 \[Pi] fm2;
c = 3*10^8; fc = 500*10^6; fm1 = 50*10^6; fm2 =
22.7*10^6; A1 = 1; A2 = 1.7; r = 0.2;
Plot[Sig, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Plot[Carrier, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Signal Envelope
SigEnv = Sig/Carrier;
Plot[SigEnv, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Plot[{Sig, SigEnv}, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Light
Light = 6 Cos[t wc - Lth1] + A1 Cos[t wc - t wm1 - Lth2] +
A1 Cos[t wc + t wm1 - Lth3] + A2 Cos[t wc - t wm2 - Lth4] +
A2 Cos[t wc + t wm2 - Lth5];
Lth1 = 2 \[Pi] fc r/c;
Lth2 = 2 \[Pi] (fc - fm1) r/c;
Lth3 = 2 \[Pi] (fc + fm1) r/c;
Lth4 = 2 \[Pi] (fc - fm2) r/c;
Lth5 = 2 \[Pi] (fc + fm2) r/c;
Plot[Light, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Light Envelope
LightEnv = Light/Cos[t wc - Lth1];
Plot[LightEnv, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Plot[{Light, LightEnv}, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Ant
Ant = 6 Cos[t wc - Antth1] + A1 Cos[t wc - t wm1 - Antth2] +
A1 Cos[t wc + t wm1 - Antth3] + A2 Cos[t wc - t wm2 - Antth4] +
A2 Cos[t wc + t wm2 - Antth5];
Antth1 = 2 \[Pi] fc r/c -
ArcCos[-2 \[Pi] fc r/c/Sqrt[1 + (2 \[Pi] fc r/c)^2]];
Antth2 = 2 \[Pi] (fc - fm1) r/c -
ArcCos[-2 \[Pi] (fc - fm1) r/c/
Sqrt[1 + (2 \[Pi] (fc - fm1) r/c)^2]];
Antth3 = 2 \[Pi] (fc + fm1) r/c -
ArcCos[-2 \[Pi] (fc + fm1) r/c/
Sqrt[1 + (2 \[Pi] (fc + fm1) r/c)^2]];
Antth4 = 2 \[Pi] (fc - fm2) r/c -
ArcCos[-2 \[Pi] (fc - fm2) r/c/
Sqrt[1 + (2 \[Pi] (fc - fm2) r/c)^2]];
Antth5 = 2 \[Pi] (fc + fm2) r/c -
ArcCos[-2 \[Pi] (fc + fm2) r/c/
Sqrt[1 + (2 \[Pi] (fc + fm2) r/c)^2]];
Plot[Ant, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Ant Envelope
AntEnv = Ant/Cos[t wc - Antth1];
Plot[AntEnv, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Plot[{Ant, AntEnv}, {t, 0, 100*10^-9}, PlotPoints -> 300]
Envelope Plots
Plot[{SigEnv, AntEnv, LightEnv}, {t, 0, 100*10^-9},
PlotStyle -> {RGBColor[1, 0, 0], RGBColor[0, 1, 0],
RGBColor[0, 0, 1]}]
Plot[{SigEnv, AntEnv, LightEnv}, {t, 3.5*10^-8, 3.6*10^-8},
AxesOrigin -> {3.5*10^-8, 7},

----------------End Mathematica code------------------------

From: Tim Wescott on
WWalker wrote:
(top posting fixed)
> [...]
envelope of
> this light propagated signal is then determined by dividing by a phase
> shifted (wr/c) carrier.
>
> The AM signal is then run through the Magnetic field component transfer
> function of an electric dipole antenna with the known transfer function:
> [e^(iwr/c)[-kr-i]] by adding phase terms
> (wr/c-ArcCos[(-wr/c)/Sqrt[1+(wr/c)^2]]) to each harmonic of the
signal. The
> envelope of this dipole propagated signal is determined by dividing by a
> phase shifted (wr/c-ArcCos[(-wr/c)/Sqrt[1+(wr/c)^2]]) carrier. Plots are
> shown for all three signals with their extracted envelopes which align
> perfectly with their signal.
>
> Finally the envelopes are plotted and a zoom of the plot clearly
shows that
> the information (modulation envelope) arrives earlier than a light speed

By that logic, we can already _travel_ faster than light, and I can
prove it -- just watch any episode of Star Trek!

But I'm not holding my breath for a scenic tour of Antares.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com