From: nospam on
In article <4c33cc11$0$5533$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com>, Peter
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

> > Side note: It's almost certainly a wild mischaracterization to claim B&H
> > is "one of the largest if not *the* largest worldwide seller of photo
> > equipment" -- even with annual sales of $100M+* my guess(tm) is that
> > it's not even close to mass retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, Costco.
>
> And you proof of sales of camera equipment by Wal-Mart and Best Buy is?

the sleazy thing about it is he's trying to compare the sales of b&h
with *total* sales of big box stores that sell all sorts of non-photo
stuff. obviously, the latter is going to be higher.

by the way, flickr thinks his camera is a point & shoot:
<http://www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/dmc-fz28/>

and it looks like its usage has dropped off, maybe because the users
realized its limitations and bought better cameras. :)
From: Mr. Strat on
In article <s5e636te85o4kdf2pefhkchehbabe27eug(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> To you. Not to me, and to others like me who have learned how to use
> the power zoom effectively and comfortably. For us, zooming isn't an
> issue -- it's only an issue to those who haven't learned how to use it
> effectively and comfortably.
>
> p.s. The FZ35 is not "almost identical" to the FZ28 -- it has
> significant differences as well as significant similarities -- you
> cannot make valid judgments of one from the other.

You don't know an f/stop from an F-sharp, dumbass.
From: Peter on
"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <4c33cc11$0$5533$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com>, Peter
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>> > Side note: It's almost certainly a wild mischaracterization to claim
>> > B&H
>> > is "one of the largest if not *the* largest worldwide seller of photo
>> > equipment" -- even with annual sales of $100M+* my guess(tm) is that
>> > it's not even close to mass retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, Costco.
>>
>> And you proof of sales of camera equipment by Wal-Mart and Best Buy is?
>
> the sleazy thing about it is he's trying to compare the sales of b&h
> with *total* sales of big box stores that sell all sorts of non-photo
> stuff. obviously, the latter is going to be higher.

He tried the same thing, claiming Word is better than WordPerfect. His proof
was that he wrote macros & templates for Word which made more usable than
WordPerfect. A valid comparison would compare out of the box to out of the
box. But, I just let that one go.

--
Peter

From: John Navas on
On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:56:20 -0400, in
<4c33e12e$0$5531$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com>, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message

>>> And you proof of sales of camera equipment by Wal-Mart and Best Buy is?
>>
>> the sleazy thing about it is he's trying to compare the sales of b&h
>> with *total* sales of big box stores that sell all sorts of non-photo
>> stuff. obviously, the latter is going to be higher.
>
>He tried the same thing, claiming Word is better than WordPerfect. His proof
>was that he wrote macros & templates for Word which made more usable than
>WordPerfect. A valid comparison would compare out of the box to out of the
>box. But, I just let that one go.

That's not what I said, but never let facts get in the way of a bashing.
;)

--
John

"Facts? We ain't got no facts. We don't need no facts. I don't have
to show you any stinking facts!" [with apologies to John Huston]
From: Peter on
"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 21:56:20 -0400, in
> <4c33e12e$0$5531$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com>, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message

>>> the sleazy thing about it is he's trying to compare the sales of b&h
>>> with *total* sales of big box stores that sell all sorts of non-photo
>>> stuff. obviously, the latter is going to be higher.
>>
>>He tried the same thing, claiming Word is better than WordPerfect. His
>>proof
>>was that he wrote macros & templates for Word which made more usable than
>>WordPerfect. A valid comparison would compare out of the box to out of the
>>box. But, I just let that one go.
>
> That's not what I said, but never let facts get in the way of a bashing.
> ;)

Peter