From: Peter on
"Pete" <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote in message

<snip>
> Every reply everyone has ever given can be twisted into a pejorative. I
> think it's called, amongst other things, "Having a negative outlook" or as
> John Navas sometimes asks "Do you feel threatened?". Answer to John Navas:
> "Not at all. Pondering the reason for the question is, however,
> stimulating."
>
> At the end of the day, these debates result from nothing more than a lack
> of understanding of domain theory. Each of us needs to defend our realm
> otherwise our spices will become extinct. Ok, so that would solve the
> global warming issue...
>
> Back to my original questions: how will you sub-divide DSLRs such that you
> do not offend me and how should I categorize non-DSLRs such that I never
> offend anyone else?

Why should anyone care what they call any camera?
What is important is how they function for me.

--
Peter

From: Pete on
On 2010-07-06 02:21:05 +0100, Peter said:

> "Pete" <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>> Every reply everyone has ever given can be twisted into a pejorative. I
>> think it's called, amongst other things, "Having a negative outlook" or
>> as John Navas sometimes asks "Do you feel threatened?". Answer to John
>> Navas: "Not at all. Pondering the reason for the question is, however,
>> stimulating."
>>
>> At the end of the day, these debates result from nothing more than a
>> lack of understanding of domain theory. Each of us needs to defend our
>> realm otherwise our spices will become extinct. Ok, so that would solve
>> the global warming issue...
>>
>> Back to my original questions: how will you sub-divide DSLRs such that
>> you do not offend me and how should I categorize non-DSLRs such that I
>> never offend anyone else?
>>

> Why should anyone care what they call any camera?
> What is important is how they function for me.

Dang, when am I gonna learn to write succinctly?

--
Pete

From: Allen on
Mike Russell wrote:
> By looking at their images.
Naturally, the subject rapidly turned to equipment, which may or may not
identify amateur vs. pro.
The best way to tell is this: the amateur is the one who is smiling and
appears to be enjoying him/herself.
Allen
From: Pete on
On 2010-07-06 03:30:38 +0100, Allen said:

> Mike Russell wrote:
>> By looking at their images.
> Naturally, the subject rapidly turned to equipment, which may or may
> not identify amateur vs. pro.
> The best way to tell is this: the amateur is the one who is smiling and
> appears to be enjoying him/herself.
> Allen

Frequently, but not exclusively.

--
Pete

From: Die Wahrheit on
On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:30:38 -0500, Allen <allent(a)austin.rr.com> wrote:

>Naturally, the subject rapidly turned to equipment, which may or may not
> identify amateur vs. pro.
>The best way to tell is this: the amateur is the one who is smiling and
>appears to be enjoying him/herself.
>Allen

The amateur just does it more often. The fool, all the time. The true Pro
only when it really matters to the art of photography. Their joy now being
100-fold that of the amateur or fool. Greater views for greater enjoyment
require more challenging climbs.