From: John McWilliams on
John Navas wrote:
> On 03 Jul 2010 21:44:14 GMT, in
> <4c2faf2e$0$1652$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray
> Fischer) wrote:
>
>> SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>>> Surely you realize that "shutter lag" is often used to describe the sum
>>> of AF lag and shutter lag.
>> I certainly do realize that, which is how I know that Navas is a liar
>> when he tries to ignore other factors.
>
> There is an old saying in litigation:
> When the law is on your side, hammer away at the law.
> When the facts are on your side, hammer away at the facts.
> When neither the law nor the facts are on your side,
> hammer away at your opponent.

Ray's concept of a "liar" often includes simply those who don't agree
with him.

He also acts as though telling the pests to f.o.a.d. is constructive.

Honi soit qui mal y pense, and all that.

--
john mcwilliams
From: nospam on
In article <b9rv26tcgn37o11frl7jvpqr8apo0qvv5s(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> I'd have considerably more respect for you if you cut out the
> pejoratives and bashing. Your choice.

works both ways. why don't you set an example.
From: Ray Fischer on
John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
> rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray Fischer) wrote:
>>SMS <scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>>>Surely you realize that "shutter lag" is often used to describe the sum
>>>of AF lag and shutter lag.
>>
>>I certainly do realize that, which is how I know that Navas is a liar
>>when he tries to ignore other factors.
>
>There is an old saying in litigation:

This isn't, dumbass.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: J. Clarke on
On 7/3/2010 9:55 PM, John Navas wrote:
> On 03 Jul 2010 21:44:14 GMT, in
> <4c2faf2e$0$1652$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, rfischer(a)sonic.net (Ray
> Fischer) wrote:
>
>> SMS<scharf.steven(a)geemail.com> wrote:

>>> Surely you realize that "shutter lag" is often used to describe the sum
>>> of AF lag and shutter lag.
>>
>> I certainly do realize that, which is how I know that Navas is a liar
>> when he tries to ignore other factors.
>
> There is an old saying in litigation:
> When the law is on your side, hammer away at the law.
> When the facts are on your side, hammer away at the facts.
> When neither the law nor the facts are on your side,
> hammer away at your opponent.

I heard it:

When the law is against you pound on the facts,
when the facts are against you pound on the law,
when both are against you, pound on the table.

The table is less likely to respond to your pounding with "objection"
and the judge is less likely to respond with "sustained".

From: John Navas on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 06:21:24 -0400, in <i0pnre01aso(a)news3.newsguy.com>,
"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet(a)cox.net> wrote:

>On 7/3/2010 9:55 PM, John Navas wrote:

>> There is an old saying in litigation:
>> When the law is on your side, hammer away at the law.
>> When the facts are on your side, hammer away at the facts.
>> When neither the law nor the facts are on your side,
>> hammer away at your opponent.
>
>I heard it:
>
>When the law is against you pound on the facts,
>when the facts are against you pound on the law,
>when both are against you, pound on the table.
>
>The table is less likely to respond to your pounding with "objection"
>and the judge is less likely to respond with "sustained".

You are of course correct, but the adaptation seems more appropriate
here. ;)

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams