From: Pete on
On 2010-07-02 19:45:51 +0100, Jeff Jones said:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:20:49 -0400, "Peter" wrote:
>
>> And this has what to do with your definition?
>> I am not trying to convince you. That is a waste of time. I just don't want
>> to see a newbie to be mislead.
>
> LOL!!!!!!!
>
> Now that's funny. You talking about "newbies" as if they are something
> other than yourself.
>
> HAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you finished yet or is there some more intellectual stimulation pending?

--
Pete

From: Peter on
"Pete" <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote in message
> On 2010-07-02 19:45:51 +0100, Jeff Jones said:
>
>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:20:49 -0400, "Peter" wrote:
>>
>>> And this has what to do with your definition?
>>> I am not trying to convince you. That is a waste of time. I just don't
>>> want
>>> to see a newbie to be mislead.
>>
>> LOL!!!!!!!
>>
>> Now that's funny. You talking about "newbies" as if they are something
>> other than yourself.
>>
>> HAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Have you finished yet or is there some more intellectual stimulation
> pending?

My only comment about the troll is
Whoosh!

--
Peter

From: John McWilliams on
John Navas wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 11:22:17 -0400, in
> <4c2e0434$1$5497$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com>, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>> "John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:27:48 -0400, in
>>> <4c2df7c0$0$5543$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com>, "Peter"

>>> Not necessarily -- the lens may well be pre-focused.
>> Yup! Very easy to do in wildlife photography. Just pick your spot and let
>> the wildlife come to you.
>
> It's also often easy even in action sports photography with hyperfocal
> focusing.

Indeed, if the action is such that you can predict where appropriate
action will occur. Easy enough in most racing, baseball, basketball and
football. Not so easy in soccer, lacrosse and hockey, except for Goalie
action.

--
John McWilliams
From: Rich on
On Jul 2, 2:44 pm, Jeff Jones <jj197109...(a)mailinator.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:49:33 +0100, "whisky-dave"
>
> <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
>
> >I'm wondering when the first camera with pre-shutter trigger will be
> >released
> >as standard like auto focus is today.
>
> Already been done. A few cameras continually capture images at high
> frame-rates, then it pauses the capturing of frames when you actually press
> the shutter. Allowing you to select from frames captured previous to the
> time you actually pressed the shutter button. This allows you to get those
> images where you sometimes say to yourself, "Damn, I'm going to miss that
> shot!" Not from any shutter-lag mind you, but from your own senses not
> being quick enough to predict the unforeseen.
>
> This is what you people get for not knowing much, or more often nothing at
> all, about the P&S cameras that you always go on and on about as ignorantly
> as you all do.

As for high speed capture, I'd use a camera dedicated to that, like an
industrial CCD and not a point and shoot with an ugly, ultra low rez
mode tacked on to its other useless features.
From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 18:25:43 -0700 (PDT), Rich <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jul 2, 2:44�pm, Jeff Jones <jj197109...(a)mailinator.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:49:33 +0100, "whisky-dave"
>>
>> <whisky-d...(a)final.front.ear> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm wondering when the first camera with pre-shutter trigger will be
>> >released
>> >as standard like auto focus is today.
>>
>> Already been done. A few cameras continually capture images at high
>> frame-rates, then it pauses the capturing of frames when you actually press
>> the shutter. Allowing you to select from frames captured previous to the
>> time you actually pressed the shutter button. This allows you to get those
>> images where you sometimes say to yourself, "Damn, I'm going to miss that
>> shot!" Not from any shutter-lag mind you, but from your own senses not
>> being quick enough to predict the unforeseen.
>>
>> This is what you people get for not knowing much, or more often nothing at
>> all, about the P&S cameras that you always go on and on about as ignorantly
>> as you all do.
>
>As for high speed capture, I'd use a camera dedicated to that, like an
>industrial CCD and not a point and shoot with an ugly, ultra low rez
>mode tacked on to its other useless features.

Why are you complaining about and fighting with cameras and component
designs that only exist in your own warped imagination and nowhere else?
You enjoy and crave the mental-masturbation, do you?

Some of you are in dire need of education and connection with reality.