From: John Navas on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 15:05:28 +0100, in
<i0ng39$b3i$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>[]
>> Sure, for those like you who don't know how to use them effectively
>> (and presume to characterize cameras they're never actually used).
>> But no problem for those of us who do.
>>
>> "It's a poor workman who blames his tools."
>
>Your continued personal attacks deter me from a fuller reply.

Your blaming of equipment for your own shortcomings is the problem.

--
Best regards,
John

"I would like to take you seriously,
but to do so would affront your intelligence."
[William F. Buckley, Jr]
From: David J Taylor on
"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
[]
> Your blaming of equipment for your own shortcomings is the problem.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> John

... and just how does an objective measurement of zoom times using two
different techniques:

- involve anyone blaming their equipment?
- justify a personal attack, once again?

Are you like this with the Sailing & Racing community as well?

http://sail.navas.us/#Author

From: Pete on
On 2010-07-03 16:24:37 +0100, John Navas said:

> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 15:05:28 +0100, David J Taylor wrote:
>
>> John Navas wrote:
>> []
>>> Sure, for those like you who don't know how to use them effectively
>>> (and presume to characterize cameras they're never actually used).
>>> But no problem for those of us who do.
>>>
>>> "It's a poor workman who blames his tools."
>>
>> Your continued personal attacks deter me from a fuller reply.
>
> Your blaming of equipment for your own shortcomings is the problem.

John, I find your posts disrespectful. My limitations make it
abundantly clear which systems are better than others. I'm glad that
you do not have my limitations and I hope you never do. A broader
outlook than "I'm always right" would serve you well - strive for
excellence in this area.

--
Pete

From: John Navas on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 17:22:42 +0100, in
<i0no4k$bp0$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>[]
>> Your blaming of equipment for your own shortcomings is the problem.

>.. and just how does an objective measurement of zoom times using two
>different techniques:

What objective measurement of zoom times?
The only thing that matters is how well _you_ can zoom a given lens.
I find the FZ28 zoom to be sufficiently fast and accurate for my needs.
You've never used it so you don't really know, but you guess it wouldn't
work well for you.
There is no universal truth there about the equipment,
just a difference is working styles.

>- involve anyone blaming their equipment?

You repeatedly bash the equipment.

>- justify a personal attack, once again?

There is no personal attack from me.

>Are you like this with the Sailing & Racing community as well?

Are you like this in your personal life as well?

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: John Navas on
On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 18:34:58 +0100, in
<2010070318345874069-availableonrequest(a)aserverinvalid>, Pete
<available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:

>On 2010-07-03 16:24:37 +0100, John Navas said:
>
>> On Sat, 3 Jul 2010 15:05:28 +0100, David J Taylor wrote:
>>
>>> John Navas wrote:
>>> []

>>> Your continued personal attacks deter me from a fuller reply.
>>
>> Your blaming of equipment for your own shortcomings is the problem.
>
>John, I find your posts disrespectful. My limitations make it
>abundantly clear which systems are better than others. I'm glad that
>you do not have my limitations and I hope you never do. A broader
>outlook than "I'm always right" would serve you well - strive for
>excellence in this area.

Then, and with all due respect, you misread what I'm writing.

We ALL have our own limitations, and there will always be equipment
that's more suitable for person A than for person B, AND vice versa.

I don't bash David's choice of equipment (unlike some here) even though
I don't think it would work as well for me as my choice of equipment.
And I'm not saying he lacks ability -- I'm only repeating what he is
saying about himself.

My objection is to those who claim product Y is worse than product X,
putting down those who choose product Y, simply because X better suits
them than Y does. I find that rude and disrespectful, especially when,
as in David's case, they have NO experience with the equipment. YMMV.

--
Best regards,
John

"Assumption is the mother of all screw ups."
[Wethern�s Law of Suspended Judgement]