From: gordito995 on

"RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> The original poster is a rank amateur.

The pro does not denigrate others. He is able to rise above that and provide
positive responses.

From: SMS on
gordito995(a)teranews.com wrote:

> "RichA" <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The original poster is a rank amateur.
>

> The pro does not denigrate others. He is able to rise above that and
> provide positive responses.

It's denigrating someone to state the fact about their experience level.
Everyone was a "rant amateur" at some point. Hopefully the person
referred to doesn't take it personally and get defensive about their
purchasing decision. In fact he/she may have needed a wide-angle lens
and simply not cared that much about the problems with the low-cost
lens. Of course the real problem is that they got stuck with 4/3 in the
first place and had to make that compromise. If they'd had a Canon APS-C
EOS D-SLR they could have obtained a very high quality extreme
wide-angle lens without spending $1200-1500. That's one of the problems
when you commit to the wrong eco-system of D-SLR.
From: John McWilliams on
SMS wrote:
> gordito995(a)teranews.com wrote:

>> The pro does not denigrate others. He is able to rise above that and
>> provide positive responses.
>
> It's denigrating someone to state the fact about their experience level.
> Everyone was a "rant amateur" at some point.

<< Snipped bits out >>

Was that a typo, or a clever pun?? We do seem to have our share of
ranters, both rank and seasoned.

IAE, no one seems to be talking about the rank pro vs. seasoned amateur.....

--
john mcwilliams
From: Bruce on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:51:52 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-22 06:01:58 -0700, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> said:
>
>> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 05:08:04 -0700, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> Is that small senor P&S camera designed for Mexican midgets? ;-)
>>

>> No, it's designed for the man (or woman) from Peru. ;-)
>
>Surely the lady's model would have been a small senora or senorita P&S?
>(...and in pink)

I think most women would prefer to be associated with a senorita
model, regardless of their marital status. ;-)

But it's a good idea for a model name!

From: SMS on
John McWilliams wrote:
> SMS wrote:
>> gordito995(a)teranews.com wrote:
>
>>> The pro does not denigrate others. He is able to rise above that and
>>> provide positive responses.
>>
>> It's denigrating someone to state the fact about their experience
>> level. Everyone was a "rant amateur" at some point.
>
> << Snipped bits out >>
>
> Was that a typo, or a clever pun?? We do seem to have our share of
> ranters, both rank and seasoned.

A typo, but maybe a Freudian slip, LOL. It can sometimes be a fine line
when you explain to others something that they may not want to hear. If
they're sensitive about having made a mistake they can respond
defensively or in anger. You certainly see this often on
rec.photo.digital. It's an attitude that I don't like, but I can accept
the fact that there are times when I may not have bought the best
product for the money, without being upset about it.

> IAE, no one seems to be talking about the rank pro vs. seasoned
> amateur.....

The seasoned amateur does not own a 4:3 or micro 4:3 camera.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Prev: Winter is near
Next: CMOS sensors worthless for video?