From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM wrote:
> Well, you may prefer using tiny little arrows that are so small they
> look like specks of dust, but I don't. Also, taking Karl's UpDown
> example, sure, it functions fine, apart from the arrow heads being
> smaller than gnat's balls, but look at the amount of code involved,
> over 800 lines of it just in the class.

Yeah, but that's 800 lines of code (about 1/2 comments or blank, btw),
that *you* don't have to write.

> All I need to do is create a loop to load the value range into the
> combobox - done. E.g.
>
> With Combo1
> For i = 0 To 127
> .AddItem i
> Next
>
> .ListIndex = 0
> End With

Yeah, that looks a *whole* lot easier than:

Private ud As CUpDown

Private Sub Form_Load()
Set ud = New CUpDown
Set ud.Buddy = Text1
ud.Max = 127
End Sub

(You're acting a tad irrational here, even by your admittedly high
standards! <g>)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: MM on
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:33:05 -0800, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>MM wrote:
>> Karl: Is there a problem with the CUpDown demo? I tried setting the
>> Minimum to 10 and the Maximum to 500, but then I get all kinds of
>> weirdness when I start typing in the Sample Buddy field. For example,
>> try typing the value 20.
>
>Did you highlight the field, then try typing it? If so, think about
>that. 2 is outside the valid range.

I've got the demo app running right now. I have set Minimum to 20 and
Maximum to 5000. I have unchecked Thousands Separator.

The Sample Buddy field shows 20. It is not highlighted.

Now I select the 20. It is now highlighted. I type: 3456. The field
now shows: 4520

You can try various other inputs. Some 'take'; many do not.

Basically, it needs more work!

MM
From: MM on
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:38:49 -0800, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>MM wrote:
>> Well, you may prefer using tiny little arrows that are so small they
>> look like specks of dust, but I don't. Also, taking Karl's UpDown
>> example, sure, it functions fine, apart from the arrow heads being
>> smaller than gnat's balls, but look at the amount of code involved,
>> over 800 lines of it just in the class.
>
>Yeah, but that's 800 lines of code (about 1/2 comments or blank, btw),
>that *you* don't have to write.
>
>> All I need to do is create a loop to load the value range into the
>> combobox - done. E.g.
>>
>> With Combo1
>> For i = 0 To 127
>> .AddItem i
>> Next
>>
>> .ListIndex = 0
>> End With
>
>Yeah, that looks a *whole* lot easier than:
>
> Private ud As CUpDown
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
> Set ud = New CUpDown
> Set ud.Buddy = Text1
> ud.Max = 127
> End Sub
>
>(You're acting a tad irrational here, even by your admittedly high
>standards! <g>)

Yeah, but the difference is: mine works; yours doesn't! (See previous
response made just now.)

MM
From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM wrote:
>> (You're acting a tad irrational here, even by your admittedly high
>> standards! <g>)
>
> Yeah, but the difference is: mine works; yours doesn't! (See previous
> response made just now.)

Maybe you should just get a Mac and be done with it.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM wrote:
>> You tried to type 3 when the minimum value, as you specified, was 20.
>> What did you expect to happen?
>
> I expect the field to accept it like my solution does.

Not the way that control works. If you set the min to 20, you can't
enter a number less than that. (I don't make this stuff up!)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Prev: VB6 application with manifest file
Next: Asking Advice