From: nospam on
In article <oh31e5tohfgpvqkvb6ci4t993en1di23d0(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> The G10 was clearly a mistake by Canon,

hardly. it sold quite well and is a very capable camera.

> and I think it's telling that
> you choose to pick on it instead of the new G11.

doesn't matter, the g11 may be better in some ways but it isn't really
all that much different.

> I spent some time shooting yesterday with the new S90, which uses the
> same high sensitivity sensor as the G11, has an even more amazing f/2.0
> lens, and the results in low light were stunningly good.

compared to what? under what conditions? what iso? what exactly is
'stunningly good'? let's see some examples. you left out a lot of
details. is that coincidence, or an attempt to mislead?
From: John Navas on
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:21:47 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote
in <221020091021477866%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>:

>In article <2131e59fuj1vutb4kua0p0htm3iacg5mro(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
><spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Whether ISO 3200 matters or not is only a matter of personal preference,
>
>obviously. just as it is with any feature.
>
>> and to me, and I think to a large majority of other people, it doesn't
>> matter, making it irrelevant.
>
>you think wrong.

In your opinion. Mine differs. ;)
And there we have it.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: John Navas on
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:21:51 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote
in <221020091021518081%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>:

>In article <oh31e5tohfgpvqkvb6ci4t993en1di23d0(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
><spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> The G10 was clearly a mistake by Canon,
>
>hardly. it sold quite well and is a very capable camera.
>
>> and I think it's telling that
>> you choose to pick on it instead of the new G11.
>
>doesn't matter, the g11 may be better in some ways but it isn't really
>all that much different.

You obviously don't know it.

>> I spent some time shooting yesterday with the new S90, which uses the
>> same high sensitivity sensor as the G11, has an even more amazing f/2.0
>> lens, and the results in low light were stunningly good.
>
>compared to what?

The original scenes and other cameras.

>under what conditions?

Low light. (Is your reading comprehension really that bad?)

>what iso?

Auto.

>what exactly is
>'stunningly good'?

My assessment.

>let's see some examples. you left out a lot of
>details. is that coincidence, or an attempt to mislead?

You'll have to first demonstrate common courtesy and an open mind.
Otherwise it would be a pointless waste of my time.

From: John Navas on
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:21:49 -0700, nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote
in <221020091021497966%nospam(a)nospam.invalid>:

>> >Even assuming you are correct - how are they at 1600 or 3200?
>>
>> How is your dSLR at ISO 204800?
>
>how is your straw man?

Pretty much the same as yours. ;)

>> Both questions are meaningless.
>
>it is not a meaningless. compacts suck at 1600-3200, dslrs do not. very
>simple.

dSLRs such at ISO 204800. Equally meaningless.

You're clutching at straws.

From: nospam on
In article <bk51e5p2erp3sg27b12i42ijso04uf4d9e(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >> I spent some time shooting yesterday with the new S90, which uses the
> >> same high sensitivity sensor as the G11, has an even more amazing f/2.0
> >> lens, and the results in low light were stunningly good.
> >
> >compared to what?
>
> The original scenes and other cameras.

which other cameras would that be? compared to a cellphone camera the
g11 would be stunningly good. compared to a nikon d700, not so much.

> >under what conditions?
>
> Low light. (Is your reading comprehension really that bad?)

how low? you love vague terms.

> >what iso?
>
> Auto.

'auto' is not a number.

> >what exactly is
> >'stunningly good'?
>
> My assessment.

that's a laugh.

> >let's see some examples. you left out a lot of
> >details. is that coincidence, or an attempt to mislead?
>
> You'll have to first demonstrate common courtesy and an open mind.
> Otherwise it would be a pointless waste of my time.

yet you seem to have so much time to waste. funny that.