From: Mladen Gogala on
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 05:39:04 -0700, Mark D Powell wrote:

> The way I see it we are stuck. There is no way a major business can
> afford to run without a support contract cause you need access to the
> bug fixes and support in the event you run into a reoccurring problem.

Let me paraphrase Jeff Goldblum from the "Jurassic Park": business will
find a way. Business always finds a way. DEC has learned it, SUN has
learned it, Oracle will learn it too, sooner or later.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com
From: Noons on
On Jul 25, 12:59 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I know about it. What I don't understand is why Oracle doesn't give
> us back the venerable Metalink. What is the advantage of this monster?

It prepares the way for Oracle to purchase Flash from Adobe - or Adobe
entirely - and therefore one more piece of "web 2.0" falls in their
hands. They already got MySQL and Java, which nobody wangted anyway.

It hasn't had anything to do with the RDBMS for years now...
From: Noons on
On Jul 23, 11:35 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> In most cases it seems like you have to get it at Sev 1 and then at
> some point escalate thru a phone call from a manager and ask them
> nicely to get it placed with someone competent and experienced.

I must admit I haven't had a Sev1 problem in a looooong time.
And all my SRs in the last three years have been acted upon promptly
and within less than 24 hours, all Sev3.
Mind you, the problems were all of the "ah-ha, known bug (by whom, may
I ask?)" class.
From: Noons on
On Jul 25, 1:14 pm, Serge Rielau <srie...(a)ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> On 7/24/2010 6:09 PM, Mark D Powell wrote:> The way I see it we are stuck..
>
> Depends on how open minded you are.https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/951516562

Yeah, the new name for DB2 is "Clayton's db" - if it can't beat
anyone, it might as well assume the hat of everyone...
From: jimmyb on
On Jul 23, 6:17 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> They used to be good, not any longer. I have a SR opened because of node
> eviction, the SR is level 2, nobody is responding for days. I called in
> on Tuesday, they opened a new SR, despite my strong objections, and
> nobody is working on it. One would think that for 22% of otherwise
> expensive licenses per year, the customer would be entitled to a better
> support, but this is below any reasonable standard. Combined with the
> infuriating flash portal, this really annoys me to no end.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

I opened an SR that was marked a Severity 2 and assigned a Bug number
- 9182070 . This was in December 2009. To date the status has not
changed 'DEVELOPMENT WORKING'.

I got an email from MOS on April 7, 2010 after asking for a status
update. Their reply was "OK, waiting for updates from development."
Have not heard from them since.

Fortunately, I have found a workaround for the issue; but I had to
rewrite a lot code.

Jimmy
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7