From: Noons on
joel garry wrote,on my timestamp of 28/07/2010 1:51 AM:

>> Noons, aren't you dutch?
>> Why did you learn English?
>
> LOL!
>
> Surge Reel Loud! Not 2 Brite!

Yeah....
It's the new "offensive" by DB2.
It's gonna work real well now,
and take the market by storm...
From: John Hurley on
Nuno:

> >> Noons, aren't you dutch?
> >> Why did you learn English?
>
> > LOL!
>
> > Surge Reel Loud!  Not 2 Brite!
>
> Yeah....
> It's the new "offensive" by DB2.
> It's gonna work real well now,
> and take the market by storm...

Completely lost here ... no comprehendo!

Maybe there are some intended jokes in here ... dunno.
From: joel garry on
On Jul 29, 4:59 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nuno:

> > > LOL!
>
> > > Surge Reel Loud!  Not 2 Brite!
>
> > Yeah....
> > It's the new "offensive" by DB2.
> > It's gonna work real well now,
> > and take the market by storm...
>
> Completely lost here ... no comprehendo!
>
> Maybe there are some intended jokes in here ... dunno.

Noons has stated numerous times in various places where he is from,
and it ain't in Dutch.

He's also been quite free and specific in his opinions about all the
various db and app vendors, invariably supported by facts, no matter
how outrageous he sounds initially.

But yes, this was a bit off reservation on my part.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
I learned something new today. The Lone Ranger's mask was made from
From: Noons on
On Jul 30, 10:25 am, joel garry <joel-ga...(a)home.com> wrote:

> > Completely lost here ... no comprehendo!
>
> > Maybe there are some intended jokes in here ... dunno.

'sOK, John: you need to have been in cdos for over 10 years now to
understand where that one comes from.

> Noons has stated numerous times in various places where he is from,
> and it ain't in Dutch.

You see: in Australia, the sort of comment made by Serge would land
him in legal trouble - discrimination in any shape and format is a
crime here.
In the US? Ah well, it's the land of freedom...

> He's also been quite free and specific in his opinions about all the
> various db and app vendors, invariably supported by facts, no matter
> how outrageous he sounds initially.

Let's not forget the claims on how db2 was NEVER one single code base,
despite the vociferous arguments to the contrary from the IBM lot here
- and in real life: yes, I haven't forgotten what the IBM-groupies did
to me at the employment I was back then. Never will.

An argument which I clearly won when they admitted publicly I was
right. Never acknowledged by Serge. But let's not allow facts to fog
a proper Usenet rant...

BTW: that offer to take up db2 for free if we drop Oracle altogether
still stands? In Australia, that's called "dumping", and it's
illegal.
Amazing...

> But yes, this was a bit off reservation on my part.

ah well: I'm glad I'm not the only one that is not purrfect! ;)
From: John Hurley on
Nuno:

> 'sOK, John: you need to have been in cdos for over 10 years now to
> understand where that one comes from.
>
> > Noons has stated numerous times in various places where he is from,
> > and it ain't in Dutch.
>
> You see: in Australia, the sort of comment made by Serge would land
> him in legal trouble - discrimination in any shape and format is a
> crime here.
> In the US? Ah well, it's the land of freedom...

Serge has always seemed pretty reasonable and open minded to me.

I probably did lose track of what was intended but it seemed to me to
possibly be some kind of soccer World Cup joke?

I don't follow soccer at all but wasn't Australia supposed to be
pretty good this year? Did they have some kind of bad mess up in the
World Cup? Was the Dutch team one of the ones that made it pretty far
in the World Cup? Or maybe the Australian womens team did better this
year than the mens team?

Dunno ... not sure ... ??? ... but maybe there was some kind of
intended soccer joke in there somewhere?

Still clueless about Joel's "Surge Reel Loud" ... but he often leaves
me behind!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: External Table Question