From: Shenan Stanley on
Kev wrote:
> Dell Studio 1537
>
> The Dell website only has Vista drivers for this model. I am having
> difficulty finding XP versions.

That's because it is only supported by Dell with Vista on it...

However - read through this posting:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-inspiron-dell-studio/270228-installing-windows-xp-pro-studio-15-a-3.html

And see if you cannot locate (via keywords, etc) the drivers you need for
each component on a piece-by-piece basis... (Go through and read all the
pages - 3 and after at least - as they have lots of information...)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Kev on
> You could try this:
> http://www.drivereasy.com/
>
> It's free .. I think it's pretty good

Thanks, that was useful.

I have probably got most of hardware working now, the stuff that I need
anyway. It does not matter that the onboard audio is not working, as it
would become redundant when I eventually get a 24-bit audio USB interface.

From: Kev on
Many thanks to all who responded, both to the original question and to the
various follow-up questions. Everything is more or less sorted now. An
excellent forum.

Kev

From: Stefan Patric on
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 09:00:41 +0100, Kev wrote:

>> You could try this:
>> http://www.drivereasy.com/
>>
>> It's free .. I think it's pretty good
>
> Thanks, that was useful.
>
> I have probably got most of hardware working now, the stuff that I need
> anyway. It does not matter that the onboard audio is not working, as it
> would become redundant when I eventually get a 24-bit audio USB
> interface.

If you have no need of the onboard audio, go into BIOS and turn it off,
so no drivers are loaded and no RAM addresses are allotted for it, etc.
Just a waste of resources otherwise.

Stef
From: Kev on
>> I have probably got most of hardware working now, the stuff that I need
>> anyway. It does not matter that the onboard audio is not working, as it
>> would become redundant when I eventually get a 24-bit audio USB
>> interface.
>
> If you have no need of the onboard audio, go into BIOS and turn it off,
> so no drivers are loaded and no RAM addresses are allotted for it, etc.
> Just a waste of resources otherwise.

I have already turned off a few unwanted things, e.g. Wireless. But I can't
find anything that refers to Audio anywhere in the BIOS.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: Systray icons missing.
Next: install/validate/genuine problem