From: Stefan Patric on
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 01:25:43 +0100, Kev wrote:

>>> I have probably got most of hardware working now, the stuff that I
>>> need anyway. It does not matter that the onboard audio is not
>>> working, as it would become redundant when I eventually get a 24-bit
>>> audio USB interface.
>>
>> If you have no need of the onboard audio, go into BIOS and turn it off,
>> so no drivers are loaded and no RAM addresses are allotted for it, etc.
>> Just a waste of resources otherwise.
>
> I have already turned off a few unwanted things, e.g. Wireless. But I
> can't find anything that refers to Audio anywhere in the BIOS.

Try "Setup", if you have it, at boot time. Most times, to get to Setup
requires depressing and holding the Delete, Escape or some other key.
Which one varies among manufacturers. It usually says during or just
after POST.

Stef
From: Kev on
>> I have already turned off a few unwanted things, e.g. Wireless. But I
>> can't find anything that refers to Audio anywhere in the BIOS.
>
> Try "Setup", if you have it, at boot time. Most times, to get to Setup
> requires depressing and holding the Delete, Escape or some other key.
> Which one varies among manufacturers. It usually says during or just
> after POST.

I can get into the BIOS by pressing F2, but audio doesn't seem to be listed.
On my main PC (a desktop), it can be found under Onboard Devices > AC97, but
there is no equivalent here.

From: Stefan Patric on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 09:51:25 +0100, Kev wrote:

>>> I have already turned off a few unwanted things, e.g. Wireless. But I
>>> can't find anything that refers to Audio anywhere in the BIOS.
>>
>> Try "Setup", if you have it, at boot time. Most times, to get to Setup
>> requires depressing and holding the Delete, Escape or some other key.
>> Which one varies among manufacturers. It usually says during or just
>> after POST.
>
> I can get into the BIOS by pressing F2, but audio doesn't seem to be
> listed. On my main PC (a desktop), it can be found under Onboard Devices
> > AC97, but there is no equivalent here.

I'm in the dark here since I have no idea of the make or model of your
motherboard, but I've never come across a board with "built-in whatever,"
where "whatever" couldn't be disabled or turned off.

Check the user manual for your board. Maybe, the audio is turned off by
a jumper.

Stef