From: Woody on
Martin S Taylor <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
> Woody wrote
>>> Still works, though. I now have a jailbroken iPhone 4.
>>
>> Was a bit concerned though that it said there were some mms issues,
>> otherwise I may have had too!
>
> So was I, but there don't seem to be any. (Although MMS was and is
> terribly
> slow; is that normal?)

Slow to send? Yes, mine always is.

--
Woody
From: ray on
SteveH <italiancar(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Woody <usenet(a)alienrat.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > Careful with thi - I've just done it and it appears to have broken
> > > stuff.
> >
> > Like your s key!
>
> Heh, it even breaks Airs, then ;-)
>
> > > Cydia is refusing to work properly, won't let me install Rock - and the
> > > website tells me it hasn't managed to jailbreak the iPad properly.
> >
> > I noticed when I was looking that there were several iPad owners who
> > said it didn't work and the machine was rebooting or needed to be
> > reinstalled and none that said it did work. Decided to leave it for the
> > iPad for now
>
> Might not be dodgy software - looks like the cydia servers can't cope
> with the rush.

Probably best to use it before the yanks wake up.
It seems a lot better this morning. Yesterday Cydia was throwing up all
sorts of weird errors, and I couldn't install Lockinfo despite trying
several times yesterday afternoon and evening.
This morning it's all good and Lockinfo installed. Mind you I haven't
tried it yet so I have no idea if it's any good or not.
Any suggestions for other usefull apps?

--
http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.php
Web development promotion and seo
From: Woody on
ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> SteveH <italiancar(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Like your s key!
>>
>> Heh, it even breaks Airs, then ;-)

>>> I noticed when I was looking that there were several iPad owners who
>>> said it didn't work and the machine was rebooting or needed to be
>>> reinstalled and none that said it did work. Decided to leave it for
> > > the
>>> iPad for now
>>
>> Might not be dodgy software - looks like the cydia servers can't cope
>> with the rush.
>
> Probably best to use it before the yanks wake up.
> It seems a lot better this morning. Yesterday Cydia was throwing up
> all
> sorts of weird errors, and I couldn't install Lockinfo despite trying
> several times yesterday afternoon and evening.
> This morning it's all good and Lockinfo installed. Mind you I haven't
> tried it yet so I have no idea if it's any good or not.
> Any suggestions for other usefull apps?

Sbsettings. The only reason I would really want to jailbreak.

Have jail broken now and it seemed to go ok.

--
Woody
From: Martin S Taylor on
Woody wrote
>> Any suggestions for other usefull apps?
>
> Sbsettings. The only reason I would really want to jailbreak.

iBlacklist. The one program for which I really want to jailbreak. (Though now
I have jailbroken, I'll use Sbsettings too.)

MST

From: Woody on
Martin S Taylor <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
> Woody wrote
>>> Any suggestions for other usefull apps?
>>
>> Sbsettings. The only reason I would really want to jailbreak.
>
> iBlacklist. The one program for which I really want to jailbreak.
> (Though now
> I have jailbroken, I'll use Sbsettings too.)

Think that is the thing with jailbreaking. You do it for one must have
app, but once you have you find a whole bunch of stuff you want!

--
Woody