From: ray on
Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:23:35 +0100, Martin S Taylor
> <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
>
> >Mark wrote

> >> Yup - frequent "ooh, thats pretty nifty!" moments.
> >
> >I have to say that emphatically is not how it works for me. After iBlacklist
> >and Sbsettings, I often have a nose around to see if there's anything at all
> >that I want to install, and I can't find anything.
>
> After SBsettings I find LockInfo invaluable, and AFP serving (through
> netatalk) very useful, but that's about it.

LockInfo is great, something similar should be in iOS anyway. But I get
concerned about buying apps that may be rendered useless after a future
system update breaks the jailbreak.

--
http://www.dream-weaver.com/email.php
Web development promotion and seo
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 10:52:43 +0100, datasmog(a)hotmail.com (ray) wrote:

>Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie(a)sometimes.sessile.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:23:35 +0100, Martin S Taylor
>> <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
>>
>> >Mark wrote

>> >I have to say that emphatically is not how it works for me. After iBlacklist
>> >and Sbsettings, I often have a nose around to see if there's anything at all
>> >that I want to install, and I can't find anything.
>>
>> After SBsettings I find LockInfo invaluable, and AFP serving (through
>> netatalk) very useful, but that's about it.
>>
>LockInfo is great, something similar should be in iOS anyway.

It should. Putting your calendar/sms/whatever on the lockscreen is the
biggest missing item from iOS from a "me me me" perspective.

>But I get
>concerned about buying apps that may be rendered useless after a future
>system update breaks the jailbreak.

I don't particularly - $10 is a fair price, and I get to use it right
now (and the last year or so). Also, I get to choose when to upgrade
the system, so I choose to not do so until a new jb is available.

I was pleasantly surprised that LockInfo survived from v3 to iOS4
without a problem. Maybe it uses some Cydia-supplied hooks rather than
undocumented Apple API calls.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
I have seen the fuchsia, and it's ... er ... sort of pink and mauve
with bits hanging out. -- Richard Robinson, urs
From: zoara on
Martin S Taylor <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
> Mark wrote
>>>
>>> Think that is the thing with jailbreaking. You do it for one must
> > > have
>>> app, but once you have you find a whole bunch of stuff you want!
>>>

>> Yup - frequent "ooh, thats pretty nifty!" moments.
>
> I have to say that emphatically is not how it works for me. After
> iBlacklist
> and Sbsettings, I often have a nose around to see if there's anything
> at all
> that I want to install, and I can't find anything.

Same here with LockInfo. Nothing else seems worthwhile.

-z-

--
email: nettid1 at fastmail dot fm