From: Mark on
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:11:23 +0100, Woody wrote
(in article
<1191517582302537407.571030usenet-alienrat.co.uk(a)news.individual.net>):

> Martin S Taylor <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
>> Woody wrote
>>>
>>> Sbsettings. The only reason I would really want to jailbreak.
>>
>> iBlacklist. The one program for which I really want to jailbreak.
>> (Though now
>> I have jailbroken, I'll use Sbsettings too.)
>
> Think that is the thing with jailbreaking. You do it for one must have
> app, but once you have you find a whole bunch of stuff you want!

Yup - frequent "ooh, thats pretty nifty!" moments.

Cheers ... Mark

From: Martin S Taylor on
Mark wrote
>>> iBlacklist. The one program for which I really want to jailbreak.
>>> (Though now
>>> I have jailbroken, I'll use Sbsettings too.)
>>
>> Think that is the thing with jailbreaking. You do it for one must have
>> app, but once you have you find a whole bunch of stuff you want!
>>

> Yup - frequent "ooh, thats pretty nifty!" moments.

I have to say that emphatically is not how it works for me. After iBlacklist
and Sbsettings, I often have a nose around to see if there's anything at all
that I want to install, and I can't find anything.

MST

From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:23:35 +0100, Martin S Taylor
<mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:

>Mark wrote
>>>
>>> Think that is the thing with jailbreaking. You do it for one must have
>>> app, but once you have you find a whole bunch of stuff you want!
>>>

>> Yup - frequent "ooh, thats pretty nifty!" moments.
>
>I have to say that emphatically is not how it works for me. After iBlacklist
>and Sbsettings, I often have a nose around to see if there's anything at all
>that I want to install, and I can't find anything.

After SBsettings I find LockInfo invaluable, and AFP serving (through
netatalk) very useful, but that's about it.

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Time's fun when you're having flies" - Kermit the Frog
From: Mark on
On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 16:33:18 +0100, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote
(in article <pidg56l4dadjfqvhqo55v0jtbrlmkqba72(a)4ax.com>):

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:23:35 +0100, Martin S Taylor
> <mst(a)hRyEpMnOoVtEiTsHm.cIo.uSk> wrote:
>
>> Mark wrote

>>> Yup - frequent "ooh, thats pretty nifty!" moments.
>>
>> I have to say that emphatically is not how it works for me. After
>> iBlacklist
>> and Sbsettings, I often have a nose around to see if there's anything at
>> all
>> that I want to install, and I can't find anything.
>
> After SBsettings I find LockInfo invaluable, and AFP serving (through
> netatalk) very useful, but that's about it.
>
> Cheers - Jaimie

I haven't looked too far yet, but Snappy was my main app (not updated for
iOS4 yet though). QuickReply SMS and qTweeter (although qTweeter seems to be
playing up) are two other good ones. SBSettings of course (with Quick Note &
Rotation Inhibitor... ) I'm sure there're others..

Mark

From: SteveH on
ray <datasmog(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> Any suggestions for other usefull apps?

SBSettings, MyWi, TVOut2.

On the iPad I've also installed Backgrounder with MultiFl0w as well as
DisplayOut.
--
SteveH