From: PeoplesChoice on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:12:06 -0600, "peter" <peter(a)nowhere.net> wrote:

Glad you're not upset - I didn't mean to sound sarcastic - but I think I
did. I know you're one of the guys that's trying to help me and I
appreciate it. Also, I AM learning from Paul and I also appreciate the
effort he has gone to to be patient with me. I wish there was another
way to do this. I have to rush this morning and I probably won't get to
read the rest of your post until tomorrow. Got to take care of the
Grandchildren. Thanks so much for your help.

Bob

From: PeoplesChoice on
On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:12:06 -0600, "peter" <peter(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
Peter, I'm going to look up all the components you suggested. But I have
a question: I was told that if I got a waorkstation box, I would be sure
to have plenty of room to work with inside and also more slots in case I
need them. Does this make sense? Also, somewhere in this thread, I
think I remember someone suggesting that I get a 1200W power supply -
again, to cover anything I might want in the future that I don't see now.

One more (off the thread) subject: Only on this group, when I 'Get New
Headers', it takes about 75 seconds to 'Update the Folder.' This doesn't
happen on any other group. I am using Forte Agent, Windows 7 and get my
news from Giganews. I have never had this happen to me before.
Thanks......

From: Steve on
In article <5p1q36lep0in1puv8gockhjmv13j20mac7(a)4ax.com>,
PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net says...

> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:12:06 -0600, "peter" <peter(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
> Peter, I'm going to look up all the components you suggested. But I have
> a question: I was told that if I got a waorkstation box, I would be sure
> to have plenty of room to work with inside and also more slots in case I
> need them. Does this make sense? Also, somewhere in this thread, I
> think I remember someone suggesting that I get a 1200W power supply -
> again, to cover anything I might want in the future that I don't see now.
>
> One more (off the thread) subject: Only on this group, when I 'Get New
> Headers', it takes about 75 seconds to 'Update the Folder.' This doesn't
> happen on any other group. I am using Forte Agent, Windows 7 and get my
> news from Giganews. I have never had this happen to me before.
> Thanks......

<snipofunneededtext>

Maybe it's because it has to work through all the unneeded text in
your posts.

From: PeoplesChoice on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:14:21 -0700, Steve <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote:

>In article <5p1q36lep0in1puv8gockhjmv13j20mac7(a)4ax.com>,
>PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net says...
>>
>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:12:06 -0600, "peter" <peter(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
>> Peter, I'm going to look up all the components you suggested. But I have
>> a question: I was told that if I got a waorkstation box, I would be sure
>> to have plenty of room to work with inside and also more slots in case I
>> need them. Does this make sense? Also, somewhere in this thread, I
>> think I remember someone suggesting that I get a 1200W power supply -
>> again, to cover anything I might want in the future that I don't see now.
>>
>> One more (off the thread) subject: Only on this group, when I 'Get New
>> Headers', it takes about 75 seconds to 'Update the Folder.' This doesn't
>> happen on any other group. I am using Forte Agent, Windows 7 and get my
>> news from Giganews. I have never had this happen to me before.
>> Thanks......
>>
><snipofunneededtext>
>
>Maybe it's because it has to work through all the unneeded text in
>your posts.

Are you being funny?

From: PeoplesChoice on
On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 18:14:21 -0700, Steve <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote:

>In article <5p1q36lep0in1puv8gockhjmv13j20mac7(a)4ax.com>,
>PeoplesChoice(a)Chicago.net says...
>>
>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2010 21:12:06 -0600, "peter" <peter(a)nowhere.net> wrote:
>> Peter, I'm going to look up all the components you suggested. But I have
>> a question: I was told that if I got a waorkstation box, I would be sure
>> to have plenty of room to work with inside and also more slots in case I
>> need them. Does this make sense? Also, somewhere in this thread, I
>> think I remember someone suggesting that I get a 1200W power supply -
>> again, to cover anything I might want in the future that I don't see now.
>>
>> One more (off the thread) subject: Only on this group, when I 'Get New
>> Headers', it takes about 75 seconds to 'Update the Folder.' This doesn't
>> happen on any other group. I am using Forte Agent, Windows 7 and get my
>> news from Giganews. I have never had this happen to me before.
>> Thanks......
>>
><snipofunneededtext>
>
>Maybe it's because it has to work through all the unneeded text in
>your posts.

Well, in any case, I temporarily switched from 'Watched' View to "All
Messages' view then back again. Now it woks fine.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: Is this cable fake?
Next: odd problem with new build