From: Earl Grey on
Geoff wrote:
> Eeyore wrote:
>> Geoff Wood wrote:
>>
>>> Who sells good unbal-to-bal adaptors that handle +4 line level (for
>>> an unbal Aux output to powered monitor). Regular DI box either
>>> overloads (nasty clack on peaks) , or gives too low output level
>>> with input attentuated...
>> Why do you even need one ?
>
> I'd rather not send an unbal signal 50 metres.
>
> geoff

Locally
Try Buzz Audio
http://www.audioshop.co.nz/components/components3.htm
They probably have a nice box for it too.
Or Audio-Telex model AMIS LSC1
Or Neutrik NTL1 in a suitable box
From: Earl Grey on
Earl Grey wrote:
> Geoff wrote:
>> Eeyore wrote:

>>> Why do you even need one ?
>>
>> I'd rather not send an unbal signal 50 metres.
>>
>> geoff
>>
> Locally
> Try Buzz Audio
> http://www.audioshop.co.nz/components/components3.htm
> They probably have a nice box for it too.
> Or Audio-Telex model AMIS LSC1
Which they have
http://www.audioshop.co.nz/equipment/equipment4.htm

From: Geoff on
Earl Grey wrote:
> Geoff Wood wrote:
>> Who sells good unbal-to-bal adaptors that handle +4 line level (for
>> an unbal Aux output to powered monitor). Regular DI box either
>> overloads (nasty clack on peaks) , or gives too low output level
>> with input attentuated... geoff
>>

> http://www.jensentransformers.com/

I'll give Tim a Buzz. Ha ha.

geoff

From: Eeyore on

Geoff wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> > Geoff Wood wrote:
> >
> >> Who sells good unbal-to-bal adaptors that handle +4 line level (for
> >> an unbal Aux output to powered monitor). Regular DI box either
> >> overloads (nasty clack on peaks) , or gives too low output level
> >> with input attentuated...
> >
> > Why do you even need one ?
>
> I'd rather not send an unbal signal 50 metres.

If the receiving end is wired balanced it makes no odds.

I've plenty of experience sending an unbalanced signal 50m btw and I never had a
single problem.

Graham

From: Tim Scott on

"Eeyore" <rabbitsfriendsandrelations(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Geoff wrote:
>
>> Eeyore wrote:

>> > Why do you even need one ?
>>
>> I'd rather not send an unbal signal 50 metres.

> I've plenty of experience sending an unbalanced signal 50m btw and I never
> had a
> single problem.

Agreed

In the past I did have some xlr-jack y splits that i made, so I could send a
stereo signal down one xlr channel on a multicore